Just bought Diablo 3 Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought Diablo 3 Guide

On first glance it looks professional and well written but I hate the fact that I need to log into the site to read it. I bought this I would like my own electronic version, ie PDF, so I can read it on my Ipad when relaxing, without internet requirement.

It is as expected, incomplete, Only Act I is provided, due to no availability of Act 2,3,4 in Beta, not a problem, but will be interesting to see how long they take to complete the rest of the Acts once we go live.

Based on the limited information that I saw, I give it thumbs up, as always, I expect the Zygor team to do on going updates and continue the high quality they provide as they have demonstrated with the WoW guides.

Would be nice if they kept a nice thorough chapter on items as this is a complex subject in the Diablo 3 Universe, afterall, loot is probably the number one goal of the game, because once you finish it, you keep on playing the harder difficulties to improve your items, once you hit level 60, that's all there is to it, more loot. Until PvP of course, and that's not even in the game yet.

Thank you for reading.

I guess they could add the items from blizzards website. But even blizzard has stated that all items won't be on there. Says it to random to put all of them on there.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yes the combinations are very numerous but a good guide on prefixes and suffixes could be provided.

Comment

Hmm maybe. I know blizzard has stated some of the prefixes and suffixes will on in Inferno difficultly.
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I agree, I asked in the other thread but an offline Apple/Android app with the guide would be a godsent.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
            Hmm maybe. I know blizzard has stated some of the prefixes and suffixes will on in Inferno difficultly.
            Ya just thinking ahead, very excited for this game.

Comment

I think that 20$ to this guide is excessive. I have just bought the guide, and it looks very poor. No skill calculator (it only says an optimal way, without any images, and if you click in a spell link, it redirects you to diablo3.com). I think that at the moment the price of this guide should be 5$. And when it talks you about the story of diablo 2, it gives you only 3 or 4 paragraphs. Zygor, very professional...

Comment

Originally posted by minirafa View Post
                I think that 20$ to this guide is excessive. I have just bought the guide, and it looks very poor. No skill calculator (it only says an optimal way, without any images, and if you click in a spell link, it redirects you to diablo3.com). I think that at the moment the price of this guide should be 5$. And when it talks you about the story of diablo 2, it gives you only 3 or 4 paragraphs. Zygor, very professional...
                ** - Note: Customers who order will receive instant access to an early sneak peek of our Diablo III guide, which consists of a partial walkthrough of Act I as well as beginners guides for all the major aspects of the game. This was the only content available before the game's release. Upon the official release of Diablo III, these guides will be updated daily with a complete full game walkthrough (Act I-IV) and expanded guide content for crafting, classes, skill optimization, the followers system, and achievements, until the full game is covered in the same fashion as this sneak peek version.
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Totally agree, rather disapointed for same reasons. Pdf would be perfect.

Comment

pdf's are easy to distribute and pirate... in d3 zygors guide there will be no in-game ui guide/helper which is the selling point of the WoW guide for me. Makes sense they wont make a pdf version for d3 since the printed textual guide will be the primary product only. Still its not terribly difficult to pirate a web guide as well, just takes a few min longer or some command line skills.

Comment

"...expanded guide content for crafting, classes, skill optimization, the followers system, and achievements..."

Interestingly, doesn't mention monsters/uniques/bosses write-ups with stats and strategies. To me, that will be the bread and butter of the guide, helping get past the enemy if you're soloing with each class, and if you're going in as a group. I hope that's coming. I might hit the Skeleton King solo and find he has X HP, hits for Y DPS, and has Z special abilities, but when I come back in my game with my group of friends, I know (because Blizzard said so) he'll have different stats and different abilities. That's when I'll want to check the guide most, to see what'll be different.

Or when I get wiped by a boss seven times in a row with my monk and can't figure a way past... yeah, that's when I'll want that 'How to beat the Skeleton King in Nightmare with X class solo' advice.

With no specific strategy and enemy sections, I'm not sure the DIII guide will be able to be really useful to me. I just kind of assumed that would be part of the full game walkthrough stuff when I invested. Let's hope it's coming even though it isn't mentioned in that list.

EDIT: I'm aware there's a paragraph on the Skeleton King and what strategy to use in the guide, and re-reading my post I realise I should have said that. I just think we could do with more detail. Actual critter stats (bosses, mini-bosses, uniques, etc) are good, but also flagging what is different about them in different difficulties and/or if they change when faced with a group vs solo play. For that, a link from the quest page to a 'Skeleton King' page is probably needed. I should have been clearer there.

Sure, some of this stuff can't go in until after launch (none of us has played Nightmare, Hell or inferno, of course), but a clear write up that says, "The Skeleton King has the ability to teleport to you, so be careful if you're a wizard or demon hunter and have some fast evasion prepared," for instance, or some details on Jondar as an opponent, or Mangleclaw or the other mini-bosses would be useful. It's that sort of thing I'm talking about. I know we can all defeat the Skeleton King in Normal pretty easily so we don't need a huge amount of detail there, but we will do for later opponents and in higher difficulties.

My 2 cent.

Comment

We are definitely planning to add many of those things, so no worries. Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it! :-)
                        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                        http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

When can we expect Act 2, 3 etc? I started playing the game when it was released and have already got past where your guide beings, before I even bought it ;(

Disappointed. The WoW guides were very indepth. This one is a bit, lacking imho.

Comment

It shouldn't be too much longer. They finished getting all of the Act 1 stuff done today and have the first quest of Act 2 in place. I don't have an ETA I can give at this point but the team will get it updated as quickly as they can.
                            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Hey hey Shat,

As we know with Zygor, they do like to release a bones, muscle, tendon, skin, hair and greased up super guides, which will take time.

I am in the same boat as you, just finished my 3rd day off work to play diablo, hoping the guide would also walk with me these few days. However a more comprehensive guide being produced and added, as the depth of the published Act 1, has meant that for us gamers running through it from the start, we're on our own.

Zygor guy's, whilst we fully appreciate the end product, may I make a suggestion ....

Whilst we know diablo 3 has random elements .... Could you use one of your high level Diablo characters to "rattle through the demons of hell", with a dictaphone, and provide us with a "Bare Bones" walkthrough for all the acts, before the weekend ....

I say this because a LOT of people are going to spank the game at the weekend, and you'll probabaly get a bit of a back lash if some information off all the acts aren't up.

Bare Bones being the key ....

I'm stuck on Act 4, at The monster boss, as a Demon Hunter, and I'm getting spanked left right and centre .....

Keep on slugging Y'all .....

DD

Comment

Working...
                              X