Cannot switch guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot switch guides

There is a major glitch in switching guides that needs to be fixed. This ability is not working and needs to be updated for the next version. I'd post the errors, but they're long and involved.
    My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

What kind of problems are you having? I've been in and switching guides without any problems between various Leveling, Professions, Achievements, Dailies, and Dungeon guides.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Also you can strip the most part of lua error messages that contain the information about installed addons. The important information usually are the things with the file name and line numbers (for example "Interface\\AddOns\\ZygorGuidesViewer\\Guide.lua:8 9: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)" - no, this is not a current error message, just something from the archives).

Comment

I'll post a screenshot shortly and edit this post with it. Stay tuned.

WoWScrnShot_071712_134852.jpgWoWScrnShot_071712_134832.jpg

Here's the first error.

Comment

Second error:

WoWScrnShot_071712_134928.jpg

Comment

Can you go to error one and post a picture of that error. Scrolled all the way to the top.

Comment

It looks like either an addon conflict or a corrupted file.

For the addon conflict just disable all other addons to see if the error is still there. If there is no error with all other addons disabled then it's a conflict. Most times just making sure all addons are updated resolve those conflicts.

I'm leaning more toward a corrupted file. To fix this you'll want to do a complete wipe and re-install of the guides. Go to your WoW/Interface/AddOns folder and delete the 2 Zygor folders. Then go to your WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete any files that begin with Zygor. Once that's done run your Updater again and re-install the guides.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The addons I use are always up to date. I've never had a conflict with the addon, so corrupt is the way to go. Next time I'm in, I'll do the second option.

Comment

It turns out there was a conflict with Fonter. Anybody using this addon (Fonter) will get the errors above. Until an update to Fonter is released, do not use the addon.

Comment

Working...
                  X