Guide Viewer causes lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide Viewer causes lag

Did not notice any FPS lag until Panda expansion. Was always 60+. Now I have constant fps drops. Going from 60+ to under 30 every few seconds.

I also thought this was from a addon, and it is. YOURS! I turned everything off but Zygor and the fps drop comes back. I can run my other 15 or so addons without issue. Does not matter what zones I am in. I tried new expansion and old.

Don't know what to tell you, but not to happy after paying $20 to upgrade. If I can provide more info would be happy to do so.

Try going into the settings and set the ant trail to off.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks for the fast response. I did as you suggested Cabby and the lag is gone. Hopefully you get the issue ironed out.

Thank You!

Comment

I am having a similar issue, I've turned off the ant trail, but that only helps a little and still does not address when I have huge amounts of FPS drop which is when I access my inventory. I've disabled all other add-ons and determined that this is because of ZygorGuides. I am not able to equip equipment or mouse over items in my inventory without WoW becoming totally unplayable. Please help. Thanks!

Comment

Maybe there is a corrupted cache file. Try going to your WoW/Cache folder and delete everything in there. WoW will rebuild those files as you play the game.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

In addition to the ants the route calculation seems to use up quite some CPU power.
            If you are already in the target zone this shouldn't be a problem. But the more complex a route gets the more time the calculations take.

For example in Kun-Lai in some of the graves the waypoints don't work correctly as those caves seem to be dungeons with their own maps. So the guide thinks the coordinates are outside and wanted my mage to teleport to Stormwind and travel back to Pandaria with the portal and so on. This caused quite some lag when switching steps back and forth in the guide.

Comment

Cartman, which cave did you go into that caused this?

We had to document every single cave in the game that had it's own map with the release of MoP. It is very possible that we missed some, so we will collect any missing caves as they get reported, since finding them is hard part.

Comment

I think it happened in all the tombs staring with Tomb of Shadows and until Tomb of Conquerors.
                But I did not pay that much attention to it as my poor mage had to fight with tremendous amounts of respawns
                If you have a level 90 wearing plate and flying it should be easier to check this.

Comment

Working...
                X