Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In combat bug?

Updated today and now getting this report every 2 seconds in combat:-

169x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "ZygorGuidesViewer" tried to call the protected function "ZygorGuidesViewerFrame:SetHeight()".
    !BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:587: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:587>
    <in C code>
    ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer-4.0.lua:2651: in function "?"
    ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer-4.0.lua:2234: in function "UpdateFrame"
    ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer-4.0.lua:1047: in function <ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:929>
    (tail call): ?
    <in C code>
    <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[2]":9: in function <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[2]":5
    (tail call): ?
    Ace3-r1066\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0-6.lua:164: in function <Ace3\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:138>

Locals:
    nil

The guide viewer (along with many other addons) have functions that are not allowed to be performed if you are still considered to be in combat. Any delay between your WoW client and the server could cause this error to appear if the server thinks you're still in combat but the client doesn't.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Understood - but this error pings every 2 seconds whilst I'm actually in combat, as soon as combat starts, so it's not as if I'm coming out of combat. On boss fights, there would have to be a 60+ second client/server delay from what you describe above, right?

look at the bug count in my report above - 169 identical errors during 4 fights

Comment

What guide are you using?

Like cabby said, there are a few things that if you attempt while in combat, similar bugs might be thrown.

There is not a time that we know of that would cause this to happen constantly while playing so if you can give us some more information we might be able to track it down and find out the issue.

Comment

Operation Shieldwall rep guide

Comment

Do you have any other addons loaded? If so, have you tried to disable all other addons to see if this still persists with only the guides enabled?

Comment

OK, it's taken me a while because shortly after posting this, the error disappeared.

However 2 days ago, I started having problems loading certain toons. The game would hang on the world loading screen and eventually I would get disconnected from the server.

It's taken me a few hours to work out what the issue is, but I believe it has something to do with Bitten's Spell Flash. If and when I do get a toon to load, I get the identical error above every 2 seconds in combat. However, with Bitten's Spell Flash disabled, I have no errors whatsoever.

Thanks

Comment

Double-check to make sure you have the latest version of Bitten's. I'm sure you're not the only one using Bitten's but so far you're the only one to report a problem here so it might just be an old version issue.

Comment

I have no problems with SpellFlash and Bitten's Spellflash modules and I currently play 10 different classes each day

Comment

Updated daily via Curse Client

Comment

I did some research a while ago and found that most of the combat related bugs like this are caused by the Blizzard compact raid frames. Even when you turn them off they're still enabled in the backend and cause havoc with a lot of addons. One thing that seemed to help was an addon called rRaidManager that you can get at WoWInterface. Give it a try to see if it helps any.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...o.php?id=22236

Comment

Working...
                      X