OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zygor guides upgrade triggers zonealarm antivirus (trojan virus)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor guides upgrade triggers zonealarm antivirus (trojan virus)

L.S.,

just tried to upgrade to the latest version of zygor guides, but it triggers zonealarm? The file core.dat in the world of warcraft directory/addons/ is being treated as a trojan virus?

What happened here?

kind regards,
    Wilfried
    Attached Files

same problem as me, except it's avg

Comment

No part of the Zygor Guides, nor its Updater client, use a file named "Core.dat". Perhaps the antivirus just found this file in the Addons folder when the guides were being updated - but we have nothing to do with that file, you're safe to (and should!) just delete it immediately.

Comment

Same problem with me.
        I got Eset nod32.
        Even with my FW out and my Anti virus off i wont be able to update

Comment

same here with Avast instead of update your updater get to a loop where nothing is installed it only allowing me to click on Upgrade ZG Updater and loop continues

Comment

I have Same problem here.I get it to upgrade then it reboots and ask to upgrade again !

Comment

Getting this with Norton 360
              January 20, 2011
              Updated: October 9, 2012 5:08:10 AM
              Also Known As: Bloodhound.Sonar.9 [Symantec]
              Type: Trojan, Virus
              Infection Length: Varies
              Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP
              SONAR.Heuristic is a heuristic detection for processes based on certain attributes.

Comment

F-Secure also kills the updater. Also when downloading the latest version of the Guide Installer the anti virus kills the file being downloaded.

It finds the following trojan:
                http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/troj..._generic.shtml

I renamed the old Guide updater back to from ZygorGuides_Updater.exe.old to ZygorGuides_Updater.exe and tried again. But the anti virus now triggers on the tmp file being stored in <user>\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpXXXX.tmp (i figure this is the temp file downloaded by the updater which should replace ZygorGuides_Updater.exe)

Comment

same here .... a back door trojan and repeating installation loop

Comment

Please check the announcement here:
                    http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/announcement.php?a=4

And this thread:
                    http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...96-Virus-found

Currently it seems the (virus free) older updater and the one manually downloaded from the members section are the same.

If you are unsure which one you have here are the file details of the older updater (last updated some days ago), the current file in the members section is identical:
                    Version: 1.3.4841.26252
                    Size: 363.520 Bytes

If you are unsure if you have the correct one please delete the updater on your PC and manually download it from the members section.

Comment

Working...
                    X