No announcement yet.

Arrow stopped working after todays up date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I noticed: when I'm inside Uldum and select a step of the Uldum leveling guide that is in Tanaris (step 5 for example) the waypoint arrow points to the southeast, 26.6km away, if I open the world map and zoom out of the Uldum map to continent map the waypoint arrow points to the right location and distance.
    I suspect an astrolabe problem as I saw a similar behaviour with Tol Barad.

BTW, I deleted the Zygor files inside the WTF folder.

Comment

This is very strange, one character that is done with Uldum has the waypoint problem while another character I just started questing in Uldum with does not.
      /print GetCurrentMapAreaID() gives 720 on both.

Comment

Still no Fix ?

Comment

I have no idea how to fix this as I don't have the knowledge where in the guide viewer to look for to debug this. This thing is getting too large for me to understand all they do
          Until there's response from the Zygor team I recommend using TomTom temporary for the waypoints.

Comment

This sounds like a combination of Astro and Blizzard with the map. Were heavily working on SIS right now but we will get to this soon.
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

This is not working in Hyjal after todays update I saw Uldum and astrolabe mentioned in the patch note and had some hope but no joy yet

Comment

I did not encounter problems in Hyjal so far. Do you get a message about Astrolabe missing Hyjal data? Maybe Blizzard did something to that zone also. What is the status of the character, are you leveling in Hyjal (ok, there's no daily guide for that so I suppose you are somewhere questing in the zone)? You use an english WoW client, right?
                My next character should start shortly with Hyjal so I'll see what happens there.

Comment

english yes; finishing up the quests there (just got the achievement for I think 110 or 120 quests there done
                  no msg seen about astrolabe at all I have only seen that term where it is mentioned here in places like patch notes I assume it is the navigation lib that zygor is using? right?

the guide is behaving just as described in all of my earlier posts in this thread

Comment

you updated today?
                    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Kamchak, the update only solves the problem in Uldum.
                      But Ulst has a very similar problem. Waypoint arrow when in Hyjal points down, distance is 0 yards and at least in Stormwind the arrow works.
                      I am having no problems with the waypoint arrow in Hyjal with a level 85 character that already quested the complete zone. I'll see what happens with a character that is questing there.
                      In Uldum there also was a difference, a character questing there had working waypoints and one that had finished the zone had no working waypoints.
                      And in all cases TomTom works.

Comment

I now have a character questing in the middle of Hyjal, exactly at step 166 where Ulst encountered the problem. And the waypoint arrow works fine so far with english and german WoW client. So I have no clue what the cause for this problem is (except an addon conflict).

Comment

That is it almost exactly Cartman when in Hyjal the arrow changes to the you are there bullseye 0 yards no matter where you are no pointing (pointing down is if you are in stormwind which is working the way it should for hyjal locations
                          I have not yet tried 1788 this was with the version from Friday night 1785 not 1788 from yesterday afternoon will do that in an hour or so and report

Comment

Seems to be working fine in this release thanks

Comment

Good to see you got it working now.

Comment

Working...
                              X