SiS Testamonial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SiS Testamonial

I use to use Brian Kopps leveling guide when he was still around making TBC and his wrath guide. And even though it's old and he never updates it anymore, it still gave me something I needed, that's to just be doing something in the right place.

Finally after trying all the free stuff Like tour guides and just hating it, I went and found this linked from Spugnort's emails. I tried it out on a level 3 mage I had made just to check out the new improved caster leveling mechanics at low level and immediately fell in love, it fast tracked through all the quests I had done and got me to where I needed to be. Still in Northshire but right at the quest I was on and needed to do. Went out and bought the full version before that toon even left northshire.

Using it on a 55 Human Paladin that had been following the Brian Kopp guide while using heirlooms though it's been rough getting started. My first task was to go to BB and turn in a quest that had no follow up. My next task was to go to Aerie Peaks and get a mushroom from the bottom of a lake, my next task deliver it to a goblin in Gadgetzan, none of these I was picking up follow up's for because they were low level but I had them in my log still so I guess it wanted me to turn them in. My next and current task, Searing Gorge that says turn in a quest I don't even have. Basically I've gone around the globe a couple times, I'm willing to do it to get this guide on track cause I love the in game system so much more than Tour Guides and the lazy one that doesn't auto track anything Brian Kopp put out but so far, I've run around a lot to get caught up.

Don't know if there's a way to have it skip gray quests on your log if they aren't going to have you get the follow ups, I figure after 10 levels or so those might just get abandoned since you'll know for sure by then your not gonna complete them. If someone like me is following an old guide that didn't take into account heirlooms they just might have those kinds of quests still on their log, and not now if turning it in is gonna lead to a follow up as you say.

I am however, hoping to post rave reviews on this once I get done catching up!

Edit: I believe it was telling me the first three parts of the quest were obsolete but I needed to get a dragonflight molt which was not, however it wasn't linked as part of the same quest chain. That might be a bug worth looking into.

I would recommend just abandoning any gray quests you have in your quest log before starting to let SIS work

As for the quest it's telling you to turn in, but you don't have it - what is that quest name? Is that the same quest dealing with the dragonflight molt, or another quest?

Thanks.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Set Them Ablaze! is the name of the quest, you have to burn the towers in Searing Gorge and only then can you loot the dragonflight molt (after a short cutscene). It was telling me to make sure I had the molt in my inventory without having done the prereqs. I know the item is used later in Burning Steppes but haven't done anything in Searing Gorge so just right clicked past it.

Also, abandon any gray quests, even if they might lead to other quests later?

This is why I love the idea of the SiS system. With rest and heirloom bonus xp it's going to tell me which quests to skip dynamically!

Comment

Well, I would abandon all gray quest, then re-do the entire SIS process starting at level 1. Doing this should have you pickup any quests needed for chains later.

Will fix the Set Them Ablaze! and Burning Steppes steps. Thanks.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
        X