Go back to the beginning step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go back to the beginning step

Some of the daily guides have a step at the end that takes you back to the beginning of the guide (like the Tillers guide) and some of them don't (like the Golden Lotus guide).

Is there an easy way to go back to the beginning of a daily guide that doesn't have that super handy step at the end? Can a step like that be added to the guides that don't already have them?

The way to do it right now is to load up one or two of the other daily guides and then load up the one you want. This will cause the guide viewer to 'forget' which step you were on for the guide and load it at step 1.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The method of loading another guide and then returning to the dailies guide did not work for me. I loaded the leveling guide (Dread Wastes 89-90) and then loaded the Dailies Guide (Golden Lotus) and it always says "You have reached the end of our guide."

The only way I can go back to the beginning of the Golden Lotus daily guide is to repeated hit the back arrow on the viewer. =(

Comment

Here is how to add the "go back to the beginning" step to the Golden Lotus daily guide. You will need to edit one of the LUA files.

1) Open file "World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guides \Dailies\ZygorDailiesAllianceMOP.lua" using Wordpad or some other text editor

2) Search for the following code:
        #include "Golden_Lotus"
        step
        label end
        'You have reached the end of our guide.

3) change that code to:
        #include "Golden_Lotus"
        step
        label end
        'You have reached the end of our guide.
        .' Click here to go back to the beginning |confirm |next dailies

Comment

I meant you need to load a different dailies guide. The guide viewer remembers the last guide you used and the step you were on for each section. Loading a leveling guide won't reset the remembered daily guide.

Comment

I tried that too and it doesn't work. But I've added that one line of code to the LUA file and it works perfectly now.

A suggestion for the next release - add that one line of code. When I was fixing the code, I noticed some of the other daily guides don't contain it either (but some do). It would be good thing to add it to all of them.

Comment

I've added this to our list to get looked at for inclusion.

Comment

Working...
              X