Operation Shieldwall : Its a Mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Operation Shieldwall : Its a Mystery

I started the Operation Shieldwall daily quest module tonight and got up to where I was doing Hilda's quests. I got all of them from Hilda that the daily guide wanted me to do except "It's a Mystery". She isn't offering me that quest so I can't move on to the next quest from Admiral Taylor, which is "The Best Around".

I tried skipping it but then the Admiral Taylor is only telling me to do the scenario "A little patience".

Edit: I did the scenario just to see what would happen, but now Admiral Taylor isn't offering me anything.

2nd Edit: I just looked up "It's a Mystery" on WowHead and it says this quest becomes available at Friendly 950/6000 into Friendly with Operation: Shieldwall. So the guide is asking me to do a quest that's not available for me yet since I am still Neutral.

This is one of 6 possible daily quests she could have so it's possible she just didn't have it for you that day.

I also looked up the quest on WoWHead and I can find no indication anywhere, even in the comments, for the rep requirement you referenced. Are you sure you were looking at the correct quest?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      This is one of 6 possible daily quests she could have so it's possible she just didn't have it for you that day.

I also looked up the quest on WoWHead and I can find no indication anywhere, even in the comments, for the rep requirement you referenced. Are you sure you were looking at the correct quest?
      Sorry I wasn't clear when I wrote that. The next quest the guide wants me to take, "The Best Around" isn't available from Admiral Taylor is the one that apparently requires the friendly rep. http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32380

I thought I had to do all of Hilda's quests to move on to the Admirals "The Best Around" quest. I guess I just need to keep doing her 6 random dailies from Hilda until I get friendly rep so I can then move onto the Admirals quest....?

Comment

Please make sure you have the latest guide version installed. I'm looking in the guide files now and it should not be showing you the step to accept that quest from Admiral Taylor if your rep is not at least 950 friendly.

Comment

Please make sure you have the latest guide version installed. I'm looking in the guide files now and it should not be showing you the step to accept that quest from Admiral Taylor if your rep is not at least 950 friendly.
          Ill check tonight when I get home. I downloaded it last night so I assumed it was the most current one.

Thanks!

Comment

Double check the in-game version number on the guide selection window with the Updater version number. If they don't match then something's wrong.

Comment

As I recall, its been awhile since I did these, there is a 'click here if this quest isnt available' blurb in the guide window, primarily because no one knew at the time when these quests would be made available (what stages of rep you needed to have to pick up the 'one time only' quests).

This however has changed, here are two posts covering when these quest options are made available:

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7...nts:id=1770672

http://www.wowpedia.org/Operation:_Shieldwall#Quests
              Last edited by littlewierdo; January 17, 2013, 06:34 PM.
              Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
              Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

Normally when we have a line to click if it's not available it's because it's a daily quest and might not be available every day.

Comment

Double check the in-game version number on the guide selection window with the Updater version number. If they don't match then something's wrong.
                  I've been traveling so I haven't had time to come back and post an update on this, sorry!

I checked and I have the latest version. When I was having this problem, I was on my laptop. When I got home I installed the guides on my desktop machine and the Operation Shieldwall quest guide isn't listed as an available option.

Not a big deal, and I really only have the time for a few dailies right now, so I am working on the Tillers and Golden Lotus ones. (The guide works GREAT on those) When I get time I will check into it a little more to find out why the Shieldwall quests aren't listed as an option.

Thanks

Comment

If you see the Shieldwall quests on one PC but not on another the guides my get installed into the wrong WoW addons folder. Check the version number ingame and the version number of the updater and the updater settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                      If you see the Shieldwall quests on one PC but not on another the guides my get installed into the wrong WoW addons folder. Check the version number ingame and the version number of the updater and the updater settings.
                      I did a complete re-install this AM. The Tillers quest guide worked perfectly. Operation: Shieldwall guide was available, but when I clicked on it I got this error.

Date: 2013-01-26 05:41:31
                      ID: 1
                      Error occured in: Global
                      Count: 1
                      Message: [string "_Update() return not not (havequest(32370)..."] line 1:
                      attempt to call global 'compeltedq' (a nil value)
                      Debug:
                      [string "_Update() return not not (havequest(32370)..."]:1: condition_visible()
                      ZygorGuidesViewer\Step.lua:130: AreRequirementsMet()
                      ZygorGuidesViewer\Step.lua:23: IsComplete()
                      ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:127: GetCompletion()
                      ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:140: GetCompletionText()
                      ZygorGuidesViewer\GuideMenu.lua:669: ViewList_Show()
                      ZygorGuidesViewer\GuideMenu.lua:1394: RefreshGuide()
                      ZygorGuidesViewer\GuideMenu.lua:1484: SelectGuide()
                      ZygorGuidesViewer\GuideMenu.lua:1408:
                      ZygorGuidesViewer\GuideMenu.lua:1400
                      Locals:
                      (*temporary) = nil
                      (*temporary) = 32377
                      (*temporary) = "attempt to call global 'compeltedq' (a nil value)"

AddOns:
                      Swatter, v4.1.0 (<%codename%>)
                      NPCScan, v5.0.0.5
                      AucAdvanced, v5.15.5383 (LikeableLyrebird)
                      AucFilterBasic, v5.15.5383 (LikeableLyrebird)
                      AucFilterOutlier, v5.15.5383.5381(5.15/embedded)
                      AucMatchUndercut, v5.15.5383.5381(5.15/embedded)
                      AucStatHistogram, v5.15.5383 (LikeableLyrebird)
                      AucStatiLevel, v5.15.5383 (LikeableLyrebird)
                      AucStatPurchased, v5.15.5383 (LikeableLyrebird)
                      AucStatSales, v5.15.5383.5381(5.15/embedded)
                      AucStatSimple, v5.15.5383 (LikeableLyrebird)
                      AucStatStdDev, v5.15.5383 (LikeableLyrebird)
                      AucStatWOWEcon, v5.15.5383.5323(5.15/embedded)
                      AucUtilAHWindowControl, v5.15.5383.5381(5.15/embedded)
                      AucUtilAppraiser, v5.15.5383.5381(5.15/embedded)
                      AucUtilAskPrice, v5.15.5383.5381(5.15/embedded)
                      AucUtilAutoMagic, v5.15.5383.5381(5.15/embedded)
                      AucUtilCompactUI, v5.15.5383.5381(5.15/embedded)
                      AucUtilEasyBuyout, v5.15.5383.5381(5.15/embedded)
                      AucUtilFixAH, v5.15.5383 (LikeableLyrebird)
                      AucUtilItemSuggest, v5.15.5383.5381(5.15/embedded)
                      AucUtilPriceLevel, v5.15.5383.5381(5.15/embedded)
                      AucUtilScanButton, v5.15.5383.5320(5.15/embedded)
                      AucUtilScanFinish, v5.15.5383.5381(5.15/embedded)
                      AucUtilScanProgress, v5.15.5383.4979(5.15/embedded)
                      AucUtilScanStart, v5.15.5383.5381(5.15/embedded)
                      AucUtilSearchUI, v5.15.5383.5381(5.15/embedded)
                      AucUtilSimpleAuction, v5.15.5383.5381(5.15/embedded)
                      AucUtilVendMarkup, v5.15.5383.4828(5.15/embedded)
                      Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.332(/embedded)
                      Bartender4, v4.5.8
                      BeanCounter, v5.15.5383 (LikeableLyrebird)
                      Configator, v5.1.DEV.344(/embedded)
                      DBMCore, v
                      DebugLib, v5.1.DEV.337(/embedded)
                      Enchantrix, v5.15.5383 (LikeableLyrebird)
                      EnchantrixBarker, v5.15.5383 (LikeableLyrebird)
                      Gatherer, v4.1.0
                      Informant, v5.15.5383 (LikeableLyrebird)
                      LibExtraTip, v5.12.DEV.342(/embedded)
                      Omen, v3.1.8
                      Postal, v3.5.1
                      Recount, v
                      SlideBar, v4.1.0 (<%codename%>)
                      Stubby, v5.15.5383 (LikeableLyrebird)
                      TipHelper, v5.12.DEV.343(/embedded)
                      VuhDo, v3.25
                      VuhDoOptions, v3.25
                      ZygorGuidesViewer, v4.0
                      BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v5.1.0.50100 <us>
                      (ck=80d)

Comment

That error was fixed a few weeks ago (and doing a search of the guide files I can't find that error) so it sounds like the in game guides are an older version. Please double check the Updater settings for the top setting (Addons folder location) to make sure it's pointing to the proper WoW installation path.

Comment

That error was fixed a few weeks ago (and doing a search of the guide files I can't find that error) so it sounds like the in game guides are an older version. Please double check the Updater settings for the top setting (Addons folder location) to make sure it's pointing to the proper WoW installation path.
                          I'm giving up on this one. I had the latest version installed and it should be installed correctly (I'm using the installer from here, not doing it manually). I deleted my entire addon folder and did a clean install of Zygor with no other addons.

When I did that, the error I listed above went away and the guide seemed to work for 10 or 15 quests but right after finishing the Stormwind bar quest it asked me to go back to the Admiral and pick up his quest however he doesn't have any quests for me.

The guide is installed correctly and it is the latest version. It works great on the other dailies for me, but it simply doesn't function properly for me on the Shieldwall dailies.

Comment

I do know that there is a small routing issue in the Shieldwall guide which is what you're seeing right now with it telling you to get a quest from the Admiral when he doesn't have one for you. This is something we are working on.

That LUA error you had posted is what I was referring to as having been fixed a while ago. That error would prevent the guide from loading at all.

Comment

Working...
                            X