Totally confused by dailies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally confused by dailies

I purchased the Dailies guide. The guide showed that I had already completed the quest and I hadn't left my home Inn yet. This would be great if it gave me the loot as well.

The 1st daily it sent me on was not offered or available and I have found this to be the case on most of them.

Does the Guide not reset to show what you need how many etc. or do we keep track on our own? I'm sorry I just don't get it when it shows everything is already done I get confused and lose my place in the guide. I understand we are repeating quests but right now the tool seems to mess me up and I spend alot of time trying to guess at what it is I am supposed to do. Is there a setting I missed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you followed the Pre Quest sections yet? If not, I would start with these, as they will open up those quests that are not being offered to you yet and (hopefully) have the guide see an updated quest data feed for your character.

As for the guide seeing that you've already completed a quest before you've left the inn, can you let us know which one in particular (step # from a specific guide will do I'm sure) so the Zygor team can look into it for you. It might be really obvious

But, until then, definitely do the pre-quest sections if you haven't already. It's slow going, but will earn you a bunch of gold if you're level 80.
    Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
    Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

You def have to do all of the pre-quest sections and that does take a long time. But if you do not complete those the daily quests for the gold run will not be opened for that toon. In the end the ICC was the longest and took me about 4-5 nights but I made over 300 gold each night. Other areas are short and I think Coldera was the shortest with umm... 5 quests? I just remember it only took me about an hour to finish that section.

Some sections like the JC, cooking and fishing dailies there are multiple options so the guide has steps for all the various quests, even through you only get assigned one. When doing those make sure you pay attn and do not try to pick carrots while you are on the meatloaf daily
      Cairne Realm
      Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
      Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
      Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

You can also look at the following URL for detailed information on how to use the dailies guide :-).

http://zygorguides.com/help/dailies.php

Hope that helps!
        It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Thank you I will look at this info and get back to you.

Comment

Thank you I will look at this info and get back to you. I am a level 80 Paladin and a 77 Death Knight. I did the drake dailies took me about a week to get a drake.
            Can you please tell me what exactly the pre-quests are?
            I'm at the borean tundra talking with Raelorasz. He is to offer "Filling the cages"(this quest shows completed) He only offers "Cracking the code", "Drake Hunt", "Prisoner of War", and "The struggle". Are these the pre-quests?

I'm sorry that you have to hold my hand but I am brand new to this game. In fact the day I registered here and tried the leveling guide was my 1st day playing the game. My nephew hates me because I did in a month what took him nearly a year(heh).

Comment

In your drop down selection of the Zygor guides look through the menus. There will be a portion that say something like Icrcrown Pre-Quests and if you read the pop-up text that will say something along the lines of "you must complete this section before doing the daily gold run" or some such. I am not at home to give exacts but these pre-quests are simply a drop down choice of the zygor viewer that you select.

There are a lot of options so make sure you read Silver's link above as well.
              Cairne Realm

Comment

Okay got it working thanks again for your help. I am disabled and sometimes my brain doesn't work right. Thank you again.

Comment

Yeah, the pre-quests that he was referring to are separate guides that make sure you have unlocked all of the dailies for that zone. As an example, in order to do the Gold Run (no ATG) dailies guide you need to complete the Icecrown Full Zone Quest Path guide, the Storm Peaks Full Zone Quest Path guide, and have followed the Sons of Hodir Guide and gotten yourself to exalted with them.
                  My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The first time I ran the guide the SoH rep was annoying. Since then my mage had just over 300 unused relics. The pally got exalted by doing 1/2 the storm peaks guide then turning in relics for rep. Now I have another 150ish relics. SoH is NOT a hard group to get exalted with like I first thought
                    Cairne Realm

Comment

Originally posted by antacus View Post
                      The first time I ran the guide the SoH rep was annoying. Since then my mage had just over 300 unused relics. The pally got exalted by doing 1/2 the storm peaks guide then turning in relics for rep. Now I have another 150ish relics. SoH is NOT a hard group to get exalted with like I first thought
                      Getting exalted with Sons of Hodir is also almost required if you want to get accepted to a raiding guild since you need exalted with Sons of Hodir to get the best shoulder enchants (unless you have levelled Inscription profession).

Comment

Originally posted by antacus View Post
                        SoH is NOT a hard group to get exalted with like I first thought
                        Blizzard changed the amount of reputation you get through the quests for the Hodirs. It was with patch 3.2 or so. Before that patch you even had to turn in some relics to become driendly and unlock more quests when following the guide.
                        Sadly they didn't do this for other fractions...

Comment

Ohh, wonder if that is why the pally had it so easy compared to the mage. The mage did the entire SoH quest chain, ran the dailies for a week or two and turned in the relics from LFG and finally got exalted. The pally got exalted from 1/2 the quest chain plus relics. As soon as i got to where they let me turn in relics I had about, think it was, 300 to turn in and that was it. Still have yet to go back and finish the quest series.

I need to find time to work on all of the pre-quests. Right now I can not run HoR because I am missing quests. Not sure which ones but I assume the ICC guide will hit it for me.
                          Cairne Realm

Comment

For HoR you need to complete the quest chain starting in Dalaran and taking you through all three "new" dungeons.
                            It's easy to forget doing the quests while running through the dungeons, especially in Pit of Saron where you have to turn in a quest after freeing the slaves and killing Garfrost.

Comment

You actually don't have to start in Dalaran because I unlocked that just by doing the quests available inside the random dungeons.
                              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                              X