Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alliance Hallow's End guide

Hey,

I know you are probably working on getting this guide updated for this years event, but I was just wandering if there is an iua file I can edit just to get it working for the Hallow's End Achievements section as it is getting stuck on step 28 due to The Barrens no longer existing? Have searched through the iua files in t he usual guide folder but I'm obviously very tired and missing something. Managed to get through all the Eastern Kingdom trick or treat quests so has been useful even in the old style so far.

Many thanks

The guide file you'd be looking for is ZygorDailiesAllianceWOTLK.lua.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Odd. Shouldn't be able to do anything dealing with Hallows End until the servers come back up California time. When I logged off of WoW around 11pm EST, the Hallows End stuff wasn't live so I'd love to see how you're already doing it. Unless, of course, I'm misunderstanding and you're talking about what you've already done.

Comment

I expect the event to change a bit as there's no more Southshore to compete with Tarren's Mill...

Comment

Originally posted by dulak View Post
          Odd. Shouldn't be able to do anything dealing with Hallows End until the servers come back up California time. When I logged off of WoW around 11pm EST, the Hallows End stuff wasn't live so I'd love to see how you're already doing it. Unless, of course, I'm misunderstanding and you're talking about what you've already done.
          It's because I'm in the UK and it was 1am when the event started, as I was still playing I thought I'd get an early start on it

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            The guide file you'd be looking for is ZygorDailiesAllianceWOTLK.lua.
            Thanks for that - just updated it by changing The Barrens with Norther Barrens and it worked.

Comment

Sergeant Hartman is no longer located in Southshore ?

Comment

Shouldn't the guide be able to advance if a zone does not exist by clicking the next step button? With the changed zone name to coordinates should not be correct so unless you also change them the step will still be useless.
                There may be other steps with that problem in Eastern Kingdoms with Stranglethorn because that zone has been split too (Northern Stranglethorn, Cape of Stranglethorn).

Comment

I just skipped the Southshore bit

I tried skipping past step 28 - but it just error's and said my guide had ended - the above fixed it so I could continure on though.

Although a some things have changed slightly - the guide is still usable so I can get the best part of it done using the guide in the old style and just do the rest myself - it's no hardship.

Jesper now sits outside Stormwind entrance for those looking for him

Comment

OK, didn't know the guide stops now if a waypoint cannot be created, thanks for the info.

The Southshore thing has changed, you now do a bombing run on Undercity and clear Stormwind of Horde bombs.
                    There are now 4 daily quests outside Stormwind:
                    1. go to the Wickerman on the other side of the road
                    2. bombing run on Undercity
                    3. extinguish the Wickerman in Undercity (should be in the courtyard)
                    4. clear Stormwind of bombs.

The Horde NPC to get the quests is Darkcaller Yanka. Before Cata she was outside Undercity but may have been moved to the courtyard.

For German speaking people here's information about this year's event:
                    http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...-Guide-790739/

Comment

Here is a guide:

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=1964...-oct-18th-31st

Wowhead periodically updates the guides if errors are found in them.

Comment

I have same problem, wrote email to zygor to help find him.

Comment

The new quest chain is pretty basic. The only things you need to know is that Ansom Hastings is in the basement of the SW inn and may not be right there as he disappears when someone completes the chain. Just wait a second then.
                          The other thing is that the vendor Keldric Boucher at 63.0,74.8 in SW (the last house on the left from the main entrance to the bank) sells arcane powder and crystal vials.
                          All other things can be found out when reading the quest text. So everyone who cannot wait can start.

All quests start in Elwynn just outside Stormwind, no need to go to Southshore... The only thing is that you need to go to Undercity for one of the dailies.

Comment

Originally posted by shacalock View Post
                            It's because I'm in the UK and it was 1am when the event started, as I was still playing I thought I'd get an early start on it
                            That explains it lol

Comment

Here's a quick and dirty guide for the Hallow's End main quests, just until Zygor updates it. Extract it to your WoW\Interface\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guides folder. It is located under Contributed/Events.
                              No guarantee that everything works flawlessly, NPC names may be missing but locations and quests should be ok.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X