A Note To Zygor - What We Actually Want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Note To Zygor - What We Actually Want

I'll keep this short and sweet, and do my best to not offend anyone, but truthfully I'm a little peeved right now.

Zygor, the only reason I do the world events is for the violet proto-drake. That's it. I don't care about the quests. I don't care about the story. It's all crap that doesn't mean anything; the only worthwhile reward is the damn 310% mount after doing them all for a year.

So when loading up the guide I skip the crap questlines in the different cities and go straight to the achievements. The achievs are all that really matters anyway.

Then what do you know, the first step of the guide tells me to get my orphan out.

WHERE WAS I SUPPOSED TO GET A STUPID ORPHAN AGAIN?

That should be included at the start of the achiev guide. No one gives a crap about the quests -- just tell us what we need to do to get our achievs and get out of here. In the end, that's all anyone really cares about.

Oh, also, the tooltips aren't working again. And yes, I have begininer tooltips enabled.

Comment

One thing I think is missing is whether you keep your orphan whistle after completing the quest chain. The answer is that you don't, but you can ask the orphan in Orgrimmar for a new whistle. I think it needs to be spelled out in the guide since I was a bit confused whether to complete the quests before trying achievements. The answer is therefore that it doesn't matter, you can get a new whistle after completing quests.

Comment

baller, while I understand you're desire for just the achievement guides, there are those of us out there that like to do the quests too during the events, so you're not actually speaking for everyone here as indicated by your thread title.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Agreed Cabby.
          I see posts like this one and I think of all the different types of foods out there, different music, different books, different venues for theater, different types of homes to own/rent, different hopes and dreams and fears and desires.... It is amazing that anyone could possibly think what they want reverbs across the masses.
          If you just want to do the quests for the "goodies" then you may have to dig around to get to that goal.
          The only way to get anything just as you want it is to make it yourself.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Yeah, I know... I just kinda have an issue with being extremely impatient. I mean, if I could go without eating or cutting my fingernails I would. I hate wasting time in anything. I realize some might want to complete the quests; I just wish the guide was more clear from the get-go regarding how to get the orphan whistle.

I mean, I don't think it's terribly out-of-line to assume that there are many other players out there who have never done these world events. I've been playing WoW on-and-off since beta, and last month was the first time I've EVER done one of the monthly events. This may blow some of your minds, but many players only play this game "competetively" and don't really care about lore or any of that nonsense. I fall into that category, and I would estimate that the majority of the WoW population does as well.

I can get a little heated when I feel like I'm wasting time, so for that I'm sorry. I like the Zygor guide because I can burn through leveling and daily quests without ever having to read a word of quest text. Hell, I don't even have to click accept! It's great for time efficiency. The events just seem to be kind of opposite what the leveling guide is. Leveling guide is all about doing ONLY what matters as fast as possible, and dailies guide is about doing EVERYTHING to its fullest. It just seems weird. I'd like the "only what matters as fast as possible" approach for both guides, please.

Comment

Thats MY point baller.... what matters to you is not what matters to others.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I understand what you're saying baller. The achievements guide for the Children's Week could really use an extra step at the beginning sending you to get a whistle. I'm doing these events for the first time myself and if it wasn't for your original post I would have been sitting on the achievements guide scratching my head because my original plan was to do all the quests first and then the achievements. After I saw your post I did 2 of the quest sections and only started the 3rd one so that I could keep that orphan whistle.

I think that since there's a separate achievements guide with each of the Dailies guides that maybe you should have just posted a bug report about no directions on how to get the whistle in the achievements guide. With there being a separate achievements guide from the quest guide you're already provided with a way to just do the achievements you want and ignore the rest, the lack of how to get the whistle was more of a bug.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                X