Looking for Guide-ance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Guide-ance

I understand that as we approach a new expansion (even in the pre-release patches), that add-ons undergo strains and bugs are to be had. With that in mind, I was looking for some advice and answers regarding use of the Gold & Auction guide during this most recent invasion patch.

1. Is there a method by which we can "Buy All?" Many times, items added to the shopping list are sold on the AH in stacks of one (sometimes 90+ stacks of 1x). I can't seem to find a CTRL, SHIFT, or ALT function that would allow me to accomplish a mass buyout.

2. With the assumption that I play on a rather high population server (Stormrage), I am inundated with server queries when I go to purchase items on the shopping list. More so, I am frequently denied the ability to buy items due to the following errors: "Unexpected Auction Found," "Auction item not found." I find that often times, I am too late to purchase items because the add-on is making so many queries (Analyzing auctions data...) every time I select the respective item in my shopping list. Is there a way to manage the frequency of these queries?

This is by far the most frustrating problem, as I feel as though I miss out on a lot of gold making opportunities waiting on add-on "Analyzing..." I currently have "Auto scan when auction panel is opened" DESELECTED and Auction Fast Scan Intensity set to LOW.

There are times when I've clicked "Buy" and been denied repeatedly for a 30-40 second analysis/rescan, to the point where the item is no longer available for purchase.

3. I've found multiple instances where upon going to purchase an item in my shopping list, there are additional "good deals" (denoted by green text), yet the add-on only recommends a certain number of stacks/units, after which the item is removed from my shopping list. Is this intentional? I assumed that the queries occurring every few seconds would auto-update my shopping list with the true number of "good deal" stacks to buy.

4. Is there a method to the madness of the stack size determination? I've mostly seen x# @ 50 units, but didn't know if this was something that could be adjusted; more specifically, is the stack size determined by the add-on history of profit?

5. The guide doesn't seem to function as intended if by the time I purchase an item, retrieve it from my mail, and repost it, the appraisal has changed so drastically that it's not longer showing as an advantageous sell. This is driven greatly by the repeated/inefficient scans addressed in topic #2 above.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm in love with the concept of the add-on, and its potential for the upcoming expansion, but I'm not sure that I'm getting the most out of it in its current state.

- Dewortha
    Last edited by promctwist; August 13, 2016, 01:50 PM.

I'll try to answer these the best I can.

1. There is no method to mass purchase an item with one click. Blizzard does not allow addons to do this in order to reduce botting possibilities. If we added that ability it would put all of our customers at risk of having their accounts banned for botting.

2. Right now there is no way to adjust this in the settings. This is a nasty side effect of being on a very busy AH server. When you go to buy something if it's no longer available the guide will scan the AH for that item again to see what is still available. Depending on how many different listings there are this can sometimes take time. That thing you mentioned about 200 listings of 1 each can really make the scan take time because it's that many more auctions to process. And then when you factor in that you are on a very busy AH server that means by the time the guide has had a chance to scan and see what was there then something has been bought again and starts a nasty cycle. It is something we have been looking at to reduce how often it will scan in these situations.

3. The total number purchased will be heavily influenced by the daily demand average. No point in having you purchase 300 items if you can only sell 50 in a day on average. The market might fluctuate too much before you could sell all 300 and then it could become a loss instead of a gain.

4. No method to the madness, it's just a simple stacks of 50 default for selling. Feel free to change around the stack sizes and number of auctions as needed for your server and item.

5. The Auctions section will only have you purchasing items that are at or above the historical low price. This means that as long as you are listing them for at least the historical low price you should be making a profit. If you're on a high AH activity server then it's very possible that items can be placed at a lower price before you get to list your items and that can then throw it off saying that it's not profitable to post them. In these instances if it's a high demand item just manually adjust the sell price to the historical low (if it's higher than what is the current undercut price) and list them anyway. There's a good chance your items will still sell if it's a high demand item and it's not the cheapest one on the AH.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Is there any chance of getting the purchased price added to the tooltips? Like what we just paid for an item?

Comment

Originally posted by deadweight85 View Post
        Is there any chance of getting the purchased price added to the tooltips? Like what we just paid for an item?
        That suggestion is the perfect kind of thing for our Feedback section. http://www.zygorguides.com/members/feedback
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Any particular reason the "Scan" function would not be permitted for 184 minutes? It increases every time I reopen the window...

I've seen a 15 minutes restriction, but 3 hours? Seems excessive, but I'm sure it's just a fluke.

- Dewortha

Comment

I did a wipe of the Interface/WTF folders and that seems to have fixed the issues, however, should it come up again, I'd prefer not to lose my AH history.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
              That suggestion is the perfect kind of thing for our Feedback section. http://www.zygorguides.com/members/feedback
              +1 will add now

Comment

Working...
              X