wrong zone suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wrong zone suggestion

I level with zygor guide a like it ,but there is something wrong with zone level ranges beetween level 50-60 ...
    for example:
    wiki: Zygor:
    50-55 Un'Goro Crater 55-58
    54-58 Blasted Lands 58-60

there is also something wrong with winterspring when the guide says i m 55 level
    a doing 50 green quests ...
    in previous examples we solve also low level the green quests ...
    guide also suggest the wrong zone which are green ..
    P.S, could you to exaplain why are not included also this zone:
    moonglade and deadwind pass
    P.S. My shaman is nearly 60 and i down know to which zone going

There is no problem with the zone suggestions.
    As long as quests are green you get full XP for them. So often it is much faster to rush through a zone with green quests than to do yellow or orange quests.
    For example my last character was level 60 in Winterspring, I was more than 4 levels ahead of the guide and still had no problems with quests becoming grey.

Monnglade nearly has no quests, maybe some Druid quests send you there and there's a seasonal event boss. But normally you won't do any quests there.
    The same applies to Deadwind Pass, it simply is a connection zone and contains a dungeon but no other quests.
    You can see this in the achievements, there are no quest achievements for those zones. Later on in Nothrend you'll encounter Crystal Song Forest which also does not contain own quests, only some Icecrown quests send you there.

If you are nearly level 60 you have the choice to finish Un'Goro Crater, go to Blasted Lands or head to Outlands early. If you are very close to 60 you should not have problems in Outlands.

Comment

hmm thank for your answer ...
      but i dont think so doing green is good if you wanna fast level ...
      for example in blasted lands are quests for level 55-58 and guide dont suggest me go there,and it says it is 58-60 in fact that
      is level when you should leave according to wiki ....
      P.S.1 are you sure about that green gives same xp as yellow ? maybe green quest gives same xp amount,but mobs higher level higher xp.
      P.S.2. ok i will try follow guide even with green quests ..

Comment

Take a look at this page regarding XP:
        http://www.wowwiki.com/Experience_point
        It says you get full quest XP if your character level is not higher than questlevel + 5. I think this value is an example at a specific level as a full mob / quest difficulty table is linked there and after level 60 quests become grey only if your character is 8 levels higher than the quest so will find level 62 quests being green at level 70.

Let's take a look at Blasted Lands. There's only one level 54 quest per faction, the other quests are level 55 and up:
        http://www.wowhead.com/quests=0.4#0+2+1
        This means all of them are still green even if you are level 60. So you'll get full quest XP there until you go to Outlands.

Mob XP is calculated different, there's a 5% bonus for each level a mob is higher than your character.
        Killing lower level mobs you get slightly less XP but the difference is not much. Killing a level 55 mob with a level 60 character still gives you about 97.7% of the normal mob XP.

The zone suggestions by wowwiki are no rules, the table say "approx.".
        Following these suggestions there's only one zone to level from 58 to 60 and that is Silithus. And believe me, you wouldn't want to go there for two levels

Edit: I found another article about quest XP:
        http://wow.joystiq.com/2007/03/26/th...-and-their-xp/
        The only drawback doing lower level quests is that they give less XP in general so you need to do more to level. But I don't think this is a big difference as they also take less time.

Comment

I think Zygor has got it right. I levelled a char using a leading competitor's guide and hadn't even dinged 59 after completing every quest in Blasted Lands (that was with no heirlooms).

With heirlooms (even just shoulder and chest) you should easily ding 60 just by going from Winterspring straight to Blasted Lands.

Comment

I wondered about the same.
            Why does Zygor suggest winterspring for level 54-58 , when you select Eastern kingdoms (it isn't even in Eastern Kingdoms),
            but for Kalimdor it suggests Silithus and Un'Goro from Level 55 on.
            I miss a guide for Blasted Lands for level 55-58, because it's nearer than winterspring.
            And it feels odd to kill mobs which are 5-6 level under my char and green (XP for the quest are the same regardless auf level, but with monsters it seems to be different ("because that's how it works with monsters-- higher level kills mean more XP" from on of the links mentioned), but it feels odd nonetheless and I have to kill more mobs for the same XP than I would with yellow monsters)

Comment

The guides suggest Winterspring from 54-58 (for the EK section) because there isn't a really good place in EK for those levels.

For killing mobs lower than you, we try to base the leveling off of the questing so we don't worry too much about the mob levels. If they're lower than you then you should be able to blast thru them faster and thus get more quests done quicker. Theoretically it should even out.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                Let's take a look at Blasted Lands. There's only one level 54 quest per faction, the other quests are level 55 and up:
                http://www.wowhead.com/quests=0.4#0+2+1
                This means all of them are still green even if you are level 60. So you'll get full quest XP there until you go to Outlands.
                Originally posted by cabby View Post
                The guides suggest Winterspring from 54-58 (for the EK section) because there isn't a really good place in EK for those levels.
                Going to have to disagree with Cartman and cabby here.

Zygor guides seems to be stuck in in 2010 pre-cataclysm era.

Look at the required level for the quest in Wowhead and you will see that there are plenty of quest that begins at level 54

Blasted Lands is THE place to go at level 54, you can complete it with no heirlooms whatsoever and be level 58 by the time you finish it.

At level 58 you can enter Outland and carry on.

Going all the way to Winterspring from EK makes no sense at all, and a waste of time.

Comment

How can it be stuck in pre-Cataclysm when the whole 1-60 section needed a complete re-write for Cataclysm?

Comment

I don't think you would get from 54 to 58 in Blasted Lands without rested bonus, heirlooms and guild bonus.
                    Let's see.
                    All Alliance quests in Blasted lands give a total of 319970 XP (Source).
                    From 54 to 58 you need 604600 XP (Source).
                    So you need to get 284630 XP from killing mobs while doing the quests. Killing a level 58 mob with a level 58 Character gives you 335 XP (Source).
                    So you need to kill 850 mobs to fill the XP gap if these information is all correct.

The Blizzard zone suggestions only give you the level range for leveling there, they don't mean you get from the lowest to the highest shown level.
                    So unless you have gathering professions or bonus XP you'll run into problems.
                    And the guide is designed so that anyone even without any bonus can follow it easily.
                    That's why the guide suggests you to go to Outlands at level 60. However, as WoW has become such a faceroll game (I only laughed when playing my Shaman and Warlock from 80 to 85) it now should be possible for anyone to handle HFP at level 58 - I'm currently looking into the quest requirement issues and I think the Zygor team can change the guide to switch to Outlands at 58. On Alliance side the first level 60 quests are available at Telhamat (before all require 58).

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                      How can it be stuck in pre-Cataclysm when the whole 1-60 section needed a complete re-write for Cataclysm?
                      You're missing the point.

Comment

I don't think you would get from 54 to 58 in Blasted Lands without rested bonus, heirlooms and guild bonus.
                        Let's see.
                        All Alliance quests in Blasted lands give a total of 319970 XP (Source).
                        From 54 to 58 you need 604600 XP (Source).
                        So you need to get 284630 XP from killing mobs while doing the quests. Killing a level 58 mob with a level 58 Character gives you 335 XP (Source).
                        So you need to kill 850 mobs to fill the XP gap if these information is all correct.

The Blizzard zone suggestions only give you the level range for leveling there, they don't mean you get from the lowest to the highest shown level.
                        So unless you have gathering professions or bonus XP you'll run into problems.
                        And the guide is designed so that anyone even without any bonus can follow it easily.
                        That's why the guide suggests you to go to Outlands at level 60. However, as WoW has become such a faceroll game (I only laughed when playing my Shaman and Warlock from 80 to 85) it now should be possible for anyone to handle HFP at level 58 - I'm currently looking into the quest requirement issues and I think the Zygor team can change the guide to switch to Outlands at 58. On Alliance side the first level 60 quests are available at Telhamat (before all require 58).
                        Well we can talk all we want but better to actually do it, I'm saying this because I have just done it recently... 850 sounds like a lot but it is probably correct, blasted lands is a grind fest.

Comment

Originally posted by kinsten View Post
                          850 sounds like a lot but it is probably correct, blasted lands is a grind fest.
                          That's part of it, we try to avoid the grind fest.

Comment

Originally posted by kinsten View Post
                            Well we can talk all we want but better to actually do it, I'm saying this because I have just done it recently... 850 sounds like a lot but it is probably correct, blasted lands is a grind fest.
                            Oooh, that's an awful lot of grinding then, good I leveled my Worgen in Kalimdor.
                            Looks like I should look for a kill count addon to keep track of such things, I never thought about the amount of mobs killed while questing, I though the XP would be around 2/3 quest reward and 1/3 killing mobs.

Comment

Oooh, that's an awful lot of grinding then, good I leveled my Worgen in Kalimdor.
                              Looks like I should look for a kill count addon to keep track of such things, I never thought about the amount of mobs killed while questing, I though the XP would be around 2/3 quest reward and 1/3 killing mobs.
                              I suspected your Mob XP calculcation was wrong so I created a DK (level 55) and killing a level 54 NPC I gain 471 XP without any bonus.

Blasted lands NPC level is around level 55 or higher so if you begin at level 54 you will receive at least 5% XP bonus for being lower level.
                              Completing a level 55 quest at level 54 will also give you a 5% xp bonus for the quest.

This will probably drop the # of NPC kill required to probably around #550

if you average this out per quest it will be 13 NPC per quest.

Sounds realistic ? I think yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X