Waypoint Arrow Gets Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waypoint Arrow Gets Confused

I recently came back to WoW after having been away for a few months and I've been having issues with the waypoint arrow directing me to the wrong places. It's NOT stuck, it just points you the wrong way. For example, I started a a new Drainei Paladin and on step 21 of the Draenei 1-5 guide where I'm directed to talk to Aurelon, the Paladin trainer, I'm standing right beside him, yet the arrow pointing 'to' him indicates that he is 500+ yards to the east, which it totally off the island.

I've had this kind of thing occur occasionally in various guides in various zones. Sometimes it tells me to hearth or take a flight because it thinks my destination is somewhere other than where it really is. I've sat and watched the arrow flip-flop between 2 different locations for an objective only by my taking a step in one direction or the other. I've repaired/re-installed the viewer and am running the latest version.

The only thing I haven't done, yet, is disabling other addons. I run quite a few so it's a tedious process to do and some won't remember positions, setups, etc so I try to avoid it if I can. I haven't had problems running Zygor with any of them in the past so I'm wondering if the cross-realm stuff might be affecting it somehow or if there's some other issue with the guide.

Also, I've scaled down the arrow a touch and upped the font size, but each time I log in it doesn't scale the font up even though it's still on what I set it as. I have to open options and click on the slider to force it to redraw the font at my size. Once I do that it stays until I log or reload the ui.

I too am having this problem. I seems to be happening to me in lv 88 guides in pandaria. I will be standing next to the turn in and it tells me to fly somewhere or hearth.

Comment

yes step 199 is telling to me hearth even though i am standing infront of the quest mobs

Comment

@tedebearnc, this is from the maps being changed around. When you're inside that little building it's a different map then when you're outside the building. We are trying to find all these quirks with the map system and get them worked out.

@packratt, I believe that is the Kun-Lai Summit guide? If so check out my one post in this thread to see if that fixes your problem.
        http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...all-screwed-up
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
        X