Digging for Prayer Beads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digging for Prayer Beads

Hellfire Peninsula guide. The guide has you go round the back of the inn and click on a dirt mound. It wasn't there, so I had to use the old method of buying a silk thread, trading it for a dog treat, then following Fei Fei around for 2 minutes while he eventually finds his way to the back of the inn and digs to create the clickable dirt mound.

I haven't had to do that for about 3 years!

Not a fault of the guide, but just a heads-up that this still appears to be necessary sometimes.

Haha, that's the first time I heard about that old method. What was Blizzard thinking making people follow a dog around like that, they should know you need to carry a bag to do that so you can pick up after the dog.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I did this quest last night on Windrunner -- the mound was there. The inn is not a rectangle. Exit the inn, turn left, then turn left again to pass between the inn and the stables. The back of the inn isn't as wide as the front. About halfway back, the wall makes a 90 degree corner to the left for ~5 yards, then another 90 degree corner to the right eventually reaching the back wall. The dirt mound is in that cut the walls made. No clear directions in the guide other than behind the inn for the dirt mound. Perhaps a bit of explanation saying go out the door to the left might make it easier to find.

Comment

No Deleon, it was definitely not there. I've done the quest countless times before so I know where the mound should be

Just looked on Wowhead - other people have been having to do the "old" method, too.

Comment

I should add that the very first time I levelled a toon back at the beginning of WotLK, I had to use the "old" silk thread method. Every time since (and there have been a lot of alts) the mound has already been there. When the mound wasn't there this time, I remembered how I did it that first time and it still works.

Comment

Working...
          X