OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are there so few updates to reported issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wrong about fishing for higher quality fish to avoid the 10 fish for 1 point. Thanks for pointing that out.

Unless I'm wrong (again), I believe both of you have missed the main point which I thought was quite clear (the 3rd graphic) about check-marking "Disable step progress."

When I read the Zygor warning text about checking that item and also read the text at the bottom of the graphic (inside the red rectangle), it means (to me) that I should be able to disable the automatic fast-forwarding of steps to enable me to start at level 1 and single-click manually to view subsequent steps, individually. It used to work that way! I figured that when Zygor used the words "original method" that meant it wouldn't look at my current profession level, and jump far ahead in the steps list, but instead allow me to view 1-step-at-a-time, from beginning to end.

So, why doesn't it work like it used to, or is supposed to now?

I don't care about Farming guides. I'm talking about this guide and all your other guides which have "steps". The same issue happens on all of my alt char's, no matter which guide I'm using. And, some of those other guides do not even employ Zygor's Travel System to 'guide' users to other zones where Zygor says to go to. I'm talking about when a user chooses to farm for items themselves instead of spending millions of gold at the AH for items. I'm sure it was much easier to leave it out, but the result is that it's much less of a guide without "guidance" (Travel System). It reduces the claim made about the professions guides "... in the fastest possible leveling time."

If there is no way for this guide to be "reused" (on the same character) to relocate and view certain steps performed previously, then why do you charge for it? Nobody needs to be told to "stand and fish anywhere in the game world to level from 1-600" and to talk with the appropriate Trainer as needed! Apparently, I don't see the point of such a product.

I guess I'm bitching again. I never should have replied.

EDITED: By the way, I am using the "Leveling/Farming" guide for Cooking.
    Last edited by kreelor; October 1, 2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

It does and doesn't work like you're thinking kreelor. When you check that box it just means that green (completed) steps will not auto-advance on their own. What you're seeing with it not working like you expect is the routing steps that tell the guide which section to jump to depending on your skill. The Leveling guides have almost no routing steps so if you have that option checked and load an already completed leveling guide then you'll see that you have to manually advance the guide thru all of the green steps. The Professions (and some others like dailies or reputations) have a lot of routing steps to get people to the proper section faster and those routing steps are not affected by that option. In that instance you would need to hold the Ctrl + Alt keys to get past the routing step without it routing you before the option could affect the green completed steps. And then you'll find (especially in the Professions guides) that the option doesn't affect that many steps because steps like the AH purchase steps would only be green if you have the items in your bag. This is what the description for that option means by completed steps, just the steps that are all green. If the step has red in it then it's not a completed step and will not be affected by the option. I hope that clears it up for you with how the option works but if you have any other questions just say so.

For that step saying the original method, what that means is the original way of leveling the cooking by using all the different meats and recipes from all over Aezeroth to get from 1-500. With MoP Blizzard introduced a new method to get from 1-500 with just purchasing a few items and learning a handful of recipes all in Halfhill and about 15 minutes worth of time. This is vastly faster than the original method and takes about 300g to do. Regardless of the easy way to do it there are still people that prefer the old school method so that's why that was put into place, to give them an option.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
      X