OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuck and can't advance because the guide is wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck and can't advance because the guide is wrong.

According to the guide I am supposed to buy some bait from Gregan Brewspewer at step 226 level 54. I just turned in the blood pettle quest as instructed but he only has another quest that takes me to the sunken temple. I tried to accept that to see if he would then sell me the bait but he still doesn't.

There is something wrong with your guide because I have followed it step by step the entire time from step 1 level 1 to step 226 level 54 and now I can't advance because I can't get the stupid bait. I can't buy it anywhere else either.

I am more that frustrated right now with both your guide for screwing me on this and the idiots at WOW for making it so this idiot only sells at a specific trigger.

So what am I supposed to do now? Go off the guide and go up a level or two on my own then go back to it? This is rediculous!!! If I wanted to run dungeons or BG's I wouldn't have bought your dang guide.

Hmm, what level is your character? Have you done the quests in this quest line? If you can remember, which quest in that quest line was the one you did last?

http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=3844
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

From what I've read and how I understand it for this item you need to have accepted The Videre Elixir quest from Donova Snowden in Winterspring back on step 217 in order to be able to buy the bait. If you don't have that active in your log then he won't sell to you.

A way around this is posted in the comments section of the quest here: http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=4041#comments
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ok...

So apparently the guide skipped over that part because it had me go to Winterspring and get a quest but it was NOT that one. I will go back and get it.

I love that it skipped it on its own and that it is a VITAL part of the chain.

Other than this one flaw, the guide has been a great help. I still am not happy that it skips hearthpoint settings but I look for those when it does a jump ahead and go get them on my own.

Thanks, I wasted 2 hours last night waiting near there hoping someone would come and maybe I could get it from them but nothing. Wowhead is useless on this quest also.

Comment

It took me a little searching on WoWHead to find that there are 2 quests with that same name. One is picked up in Winterspring and one is picked up in Un'goro I think it was. This is probably where there was confusion within the guide and hopefully the team will look into it to check on proper chaining.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by paladin62 View Post
            So apparently the guide skipped over that part because it had me go to Winterspring and get a quest but it was NOT that one. I will go back and get it.

I love that it skipped it on its own and that it is a VITAL part of the chain.

Other than this one flaw, the guide has been a great help. I still am not happy that it skips hearthpoint settings but I look for those when it does a jump ahead and go get them on my own.

Thanks, I wasted 2 hours last night waiting near there hoping someone would come and maybe I could get it from them but nothing. Wowhead is useless on this quest also.
            I change the SIS to only skip grey quests by changing the level setting to 8 levels below. Since the default is 0, if you are earning xp faster than the guide thinks you should, you will end up skipping steps.

Zygor spent a long time linking dependant quests together but it doesn't surprise me that a few might still have slipped through the cracks.

Comment

Working...
            X