Minor issue and a suggested fix for it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor issue and a suggested fix for it.

In the 62-64 guide, there is the section where you first go to Shatrath (sp?) City and talk to the deity thing and then get sent out on a tour with another NPC's pink voidwalker pet.

You also have the user take a couple of quests while on the tour.

However, it is very easy to (with server lag) to try and get these quests only to have the voidwalker toddle off and lose you.

This makes the quest impossible to complete. And since you cannot complete it...the next dozen steps are impossible since they chain off of the tour.

I know that you are all about efficiency, but perhaps this is one of those times where being a little inefficient might be the batter way to go. Perhaps have the users complete the tour THEN go back and get the quests. That way it's not so easy to break the quest and thus lose half the chain.

That's surely an option for you if you are getting a lot of lag. Follow the voidwalker around until he completes the tour, then skip back a few steps and pick up the quests. However, since this is the first complaint we've received regarding this, and since we have never encountered this ourselves, it doesn't seem like it requires a rewrite just yet.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I've had this happen to me a couple times because I wasn't paying attention. There is an easy fix tho, if you lose the voidwalker just abandon the quest in your log then you can go accept it again to get a new voidwalker and start the tour of the city over. This will allow you to complete the quest and be able to accept the other quests.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
        I've had this happen to me a couple times because I wasn't paying attention. There is an easy fix tho, if you lose the voidwalker just abandon the quest in your log then you can go accept it again to get a new voidwalker and start the tour of the city over. This will allow you to complete the quest and be able to accept the other quests.
        GAAAH! I wish I knew you could do that. I tried for a solid hour trying to get the guy to give me another voidwalker.

Any other quest in the gorram game and you can ask for a replacement item. Another invite to the Lunar Party, another disguise when yours is seen through by the hunter in the Shadow Camp...that sort of thing.

I just bypassed all the quests in that chain and did some randoms for some exp...and some nice loot to boot and went on with it.

That *is* the nice part of the system. It is so good that it's hard NOT to get ahead of the system and as such skipping the odd quest if it's just too hard isn't that much of a problem. Two quicky randoms and you're back on your game.

Comment

Working...
        X