No announcement yet.

DK Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you doing a DPS or tank spec? Parry is of no concern to a DPS as most attacks will be coming from a location where parry is nullified. As a DPS slow weapons are preferred since both weapons hit with strikes if your are using Threat of Thassarian, but your number one concern is the average damage each hit not the DPS. If the averages are the same then by all means choose the higher DPS.

For tanks, there are now very few bosses these days where parry haste comes into play. That being said, slow/slow is preferred for DW tanking although a fast off-hand weapon can be used if a second slow weapon is hard to find. Using two fast weapons or a fast main hand weapon tends to create threat issues according to a former guildie who used to be a pretty good dw tank.
    My tanks:
    Losfer 110 Tauren Protection Paladin Area 52
    Prassan 110 Tauren Guardian Druid Area 52
    Theomach 102Tauren Protection Warrior Hyjal
    Paschendale 100 Night Elf Brewmaster Monk Sargeras
    Shangol 100 Troll Blood Death Knight Area 52
    Nassic 100 Blood Elf Vengeance Demon Hunter

My DPS:
    Kastenessen 100 Human Fire Mage Sargeras
    Thoraynayla 110 Orc Marksmanship Hunter Arear 52
    Findail 101 Forsaken Destruction Warlock Area 52

Comment

I've found with all the DK specs I've grouped/raided with all three produce effective dps. For tanking however I think you're best speccing as blood for single target threat generation, and unholy for AoE. I don't believe I've encountered anyone trying to tank as frost for a while, they kept losing aggro to even much lower geared dps so it has been suggested that they respec.

Comment

I tanked as frost for a little while, and only moved to blood as I'm used to it for DPS. Howling Blast with frost spec is great for grabbing aggro.

As it happens, I have problems tanking with my DK regardless of spec; looking forward to my druid tank hitting 80, to be honest :-\
        Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
        Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

To answer a couple of points that were asked/made.

Frost spec is considered better for 5 mans for a couple of different reasons.
          It's focus is on mitigation so you have a nice constant flow of health lost (which makes your healers happy). The other reason is because you can Faceroll with that spec... doing nothing but spamming HB and BB for multi-targets and IT for single targets.
          Blood takes a bit more Grace in 5 mans because you have to tab-target to keep threat. Throw your DnD down, spread your diseases, and then tab between targets finding ones you are getting ready to lose agro on.

It was asked for a good tanking/DPS spec. Tanking spec's differ quite a bit due to what people want in their build. Here is a link to my DK so you can take a look at end-game tank/dps specs. Please keep in mind that my tanking set is my off spec, so the gear is a little... splotchy (or thrown together and not of the same ilvl).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...len&cn=Aanthan
          With those specs i'll average 10k to 13k for DPS and 45-ish hitpoints unbuffed in the tank set.
          I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Working...
          X