Skill based questing ++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skill based questing ++

Suggestion on selection criteria for quests to do based on skill (profession)

I.E. - I'm a skinner and really would prefer all quests involving killing animals that are skinnable...
    I see I skip quests like this several times so I have to go back and get em manually.

Only used the guide for a few days and seems ok... fun to do other quests than Brian's guide all the time.
    Don't always agree with the quest route (done the quests too many times), but it does seem fairly OK.

Could maybe set a +/- on actual lvl vs. Quest lvl as I seem to be doing mostly green quests all the time now, and that gets boring (yeah, faster lvl - but has to be fun to) so I would have liked tweaking the quests up a bit for my char... at least the shaman I'm lvl now.

MAD

When I do skinning on a character I've never had to go back to kill some beasts for skinning to keep the skill up no matter how much the guide skips. You just need to get the skill as soon as possible and remember to always skin everything you kill.

As for always doing green quests, you have to trust the guide when it skips and not go back for stuff. The guide is skipping stuff in an effort to get caught up to your level. If you go back and take the quests it skipped then it won't be able to catch up to you. On a side note, as long as the quest isn't grey you get the same amount of XP no matter what color the quest is.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I actually had to go back and skin to get the level up on the Pally as I was going. but keep in mind I was doing RAF + BoA + rested when that was active. So I had a very accelerated rate for leveling. I did just dump skinning, was at 449, in favor of BS yesterday as skinning was just an easy way to make some money while leveling
      Cairne Realm
      Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
      Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
      Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Skinning on quests

It's not just to keep my skinning lvl up - I'm way ahead of my char lvl in skinning, but I'm also supporting an alt with leatherworking... so, me reasoning is that quests should be geared towards profession is just to take advantage of your profession selection

Comment

Well, we might see something like that when the Gold & Professions guides come out but keep in mind that the Leveling guides are strictly oriented toward the goal of reaching level 80 as fast as possible. Doing professions slows down your leveling speed and that's why there's nothing in the Leveling guides that work toward professions.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
          X