Slow Level 70-80?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Level 70-80?

Hey guys for some reason im leveling really slow? im a 73 hunter and im geting about 9 hours a level. Just wondering what u guys are geting at this level.

I was getting around the same times with my hunter in the 70s but this can be affected greatly by the SIS settings. Set the slider to 0 so that it will skip quests as you level and keep you in zones with mobs that have good XP and the time should drop some.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Leveling from 70 to 80 took me 40-60 Hours. With the first chars I was a bit slower as I also wanted to discover the game.
      From 70-72 it takes more time than later, has to do something with the design of the zones (Tundra and Fjord).

I never skipped any portions of the guide and all characters reached level 77 before Zul'Drak so they got cold weather flying (at that time the tome was not available...) and all reached level 80 in Sholazar (without heirlooms). I always had the rested bonus.

The fastest leveling characters I have are my enhancer shaman, warlock und feral druid (cat form) with average times per level under 4 hours from 70 to 80.
      My deathknight, priest and hunter are leveling together with a friend and did not reach level 80 yet so I don't have complete data for them. And they all have heirlooms which will save some time.

Do you play with heirlooms and does your hunter have cold weather flying at 70 (you need a level 80 char to get the tome)? If so 9 hours per level is pretty slow. But if you are new in Northrend and read quest texts, enjoy the landscape and make detours to get herbs and minerals you should be on track. As I stated before leveling gets a bit quicker later.

Comment

The times that Zygor posts are, in my opinion, the fastest times you can get. By that I mean that whenb publishing leveling times Zygor is not considering a fresh newbie without the benefits of a higher level toon providing money and supplies (cold weather flying). I do not mean this as a slam against Zygor because if you think about it all guides are going to do the same thing to make theirs look better. Sadly though this gives people that are totally new to the game, and guides, a false expectation as to how fast they can level.

Noobie:
        - Does not know the overall game mechanics
        - Does not know layout of the world
        - Does not know the ins/outs of the class being played
        - Has not seen the quests before so may actually read them

Experienced player:
        - Knows how the game works and what does what
        - Knows where quest givers are and can run to them w/o thinking
        - knows, usually, the class and does not have to figure it out
        - Sets Zygor to auto accept/turn-in because reading the quests for the 4th time is boring

There are probably more but my point is that if this is your first time through do not expect awesome /played times compared to an experienced player or the published times. Your first run through will be the longest run ever. Every toon you raise to 80 will be faster then the previous. The guide will help your times as a noobie because think if you had to use wowhead to research EVERY quest as you went ... you would be 8 days /played just to 60 :P

As for level times in early 70s I was trying to see how others were doing and using Titan panel I was ranging between 300k xp/hr and 550k/hr until about level 75. I have a thread in the Off Topic you can read, and respond to, on this very topic.
        Cairne Realm
        Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
        Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
        Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Im not a noobie player. i been playing WOW since the game came out i know everything i need to know abut a HUNTER. i just never played WOTLK. From a experience leveler i learned that dumb quest like picking up stuff isnt worth it and this guide takes those quest

Comment

Sorry dude, did not mean to offend you. I was simply pointing out why the times *may* differ between people. Also, keep in mind that even if you read the source code and knew a hunter 195% from pre-WoLK things changed so while you still know a hunter well little things changed required you to umm... refresh your skill set

As for the collection quests, I agree those can get a bit boring and many times the can be skipped. This goes back to differences between players. As a hunter you are over powered and since you know the game you have a second advantage over say a noobie priest. Imagine trying to kill things as a level 40ish priest that has never seen the game before. That would be much harder then a hunter that simply sends in a bear tank and kills things before they even get close to you. SO, the guide is built to take in as wide of a range as possible, helping those noobie level 40 priests, allowing them to level solo. Many times that means collecting things which are boring and slower then optimal for an experienced hunter. That is where our common sense comes in and we actually think so, skipping collection quests
            Cairne Realm
            Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
            Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
            Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Working...
            X