Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG "Drive-by Piracy" step 115 Guide 32-36

Honestly,

this isn't a problem with the guide. but a bug with the game. and is annoying cause it keeps happening to me. Every so often while in the capes of stranglethorn my quest starts getting bugged and instead of the game letting me talk to the bloodsail pirates, all it gives me is an attack option, then doesnt let me attack because "the target is friendly."

anyone know what the hell? It's really annoying and i've been waiting on a GM for a good half hour now. The quest line i am in is "Drive-by Piracy" Step 115, Guide 32-36.

I've tried abandoning the quest and starting over, but that doesnt do anything. it still keeps giving me the attack button instead of chat.
    Attached Files

It might be a phasing issue. Have you tried exiting the game and logging back in?

You could starve to death waiting for a GM response. Most times it's days before they get back to you.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yeah, the first time this started happening was after my account got locked and i had to go through the recovery process. this is probably a long shot but last time i was having issues like this i flew to SW for a half hour or so, then flew back and everything was normal again. Gonna try that again and see what happens... unless the problem just corrects itself over time.

if i choose to skip this quest line entirely what step do i jump too?

Comment

If you decide to skip this quest the guides should be smart enough to automatically skip any quests that depended on this one. All you should have to do is remove it from your quest log and then skip to the next step as long as the current step is only for this particular quest.

Comment

Looking at your picture and remembering having done this quest recently you might want to do your best to complete the quest. I believe there were a lot of follow up quests that depended on this chain.

Comment

what ui mod are you using? i like your ui

Comment

If you're asking about Raiden's UI that's LUI. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...130-LUIv3.html

Comment

Found this at wowhead:
                if u leave the zone and come back the buff will work as it should
                So completely leave the Stranglethorn area with a gryphon flight and come back.
                Another quest Blizzard totally messed up....

Comment

thanks Cabby, ill check that out

edit: what are the 'buttons' and glues' folders that come with this download? i get that it has multiple addons already in the addons folder but these are outside of that folder which makes me wonder

Comment

After doing some digging it appears that the Buttons and Glues folders are used by LUI to change the look of all the Bartender buttons. By placing them in a location other than inside the Bartender folder this allows easy updating of Bartender without losing that look.

Comment

Sorry for the lag in reply. changed ISP's. and it took a few days to get everything working the way it should.

But yes it did appear to be some sort of weird phasing issue, actually flying in and out of the zone (and not walking, cause it didnt work for me..) for whatever reason helps and corrects the issue. still unclear of what caused the glitch in the first place. Funny how by the time i actually got a GM to respond all they told me to do was to check WoWhead.com If i'm stuck on a quest... LOL

Comment

Oh, that's new. Normally they only tell you to delete your cache, WTF and addons folder and do a repair...
                        Phasing bugs are pretty common in the game. I once had a problem with the quest that takes a Horde character to the Ashenvale quests. I was supposed to ride a Kodo but was unable to mount it because I was sitting on my own mount. So the NPC rode away with the Kodo which lead to me being left in a phase without any NPCs. Hearthing to Orgrimmar brought me to an empty city.
                        The oldest phasing bug is the one with Hodir's horn in Storm Peaks. The horn is not visible after the prequest, you have to leave the area and come back or log out. This bug is still in the game...

Comment

Working...
                        X