Lesser bloodstone ore what do a need it for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lesser bloodstone ore what do a need it for

In the alliance guide 30-35 step 159 it says buy 4 units of lesser bloodstone ore from the auction. But those are 1 gold a pop so 4 gold total is this part of a lucrative serie or can I skip it.

DShadow

You need it for a quest in Booty Bay that opens more quests, so I would just buy it. 4g isn't too much, really, in the long run.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
      You need it for a quest in Booty Bay that opens more quests, so I would just buy it. 4g isn't too much, really, in the long run.
      Booty Bay is SOOOO loaded with quests to do it is amazing. It is well worth the effort to get the ore.

When I got this guide I had just done Booty Bay with my lock and questhelper. I did my usuall routine; get all available quests, work them, turn them in, repeat until done. Well... in Booty Bay, I was 'done.'

Once I got this guide I went back two levels, which put me before Booty Bay. As I ran around to sink up, I saw "Go to Booty Bay." I was half tempted to just skip it and move on; I mean, what else could be done there.... right?

I spent another day (acctual day, not /played) with the quests that were now available in Booty Bay thanks to the ore.

I know... I love to type and tell my story LOL.
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I've skipped this several times, as the ore is generally not available on my server. Same thing with the frost oil for Badlands. In general, I think it would be preferable not to have steps rely on something as variable as AH availability.

Comment

Originally posted by 831c7b6c View Post
          I've skipped this several times, as the ore is generally not available on my server. Same thing with the frost oil for Badlands. In general, I think it would be preferable not to have steps rely on something as variable as AH availability.
          You can always go to your faction major city and anounce in trade a WTB for the items. There is usually someone there willing to help you out.

I only say this because the quests these depend on are starters or part of a chain that give you enough XP points for easy questing that it is worth the effort and expense to get the items, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
            You can always go to your faction major city and anounce in trade a WTB for the items. There is usually someone there willing to help you out.

I only say this because the quests these depend on are starters or part of a chain that give you enough XP points for easy questing that it is worth the effort and expense to get the items, imo.
            The thing is, it can easily take half an hour to find a miner, wait for them to trek to Arathi, get the ore, and get back to you. It seems likely that you'll make more XP if you spend that half hour just skipping those steps and getting on with leveling.

Comment

Originally posted by 831c7b6c View Post
              The thing is, it can easily take half an hour to find a miner, wait for them to trek to Arathi, get the ore, and get back to you. It seems likely that you'll make more XP if you spend that half hour just skipping those steps and getting on with leveling.
              Very true. If you have to wait a ungodly amount of time like that, just zip on past and happy trails to ya

You can always keep you eyes open now or later for these items, and go back if you wish.

Comment

Working...
              X