Horde-clv 61, step 66, "Zeth'Gor Must Burn" FAILS for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horde-clv 61, step 66, "Zeth'Gor Must Burn" FAILS for me

I don't know if it's this guide, or else if I'm overlooking something. In any event, the guide is not specific enough to follow, at least for me. The guide keeps telling me to 'go to a certain place,' then 'do a certain thing' with a 'torch' that doesn't exist in my bag(s).

Reference:

* Horde character
    * Char lvl 61
    * Step 66 (in the Guide)
    * Quest: "Zeth'Gor Must Burn"

My problem is that I've wasted over 2 hours trying to figure out either what to do, or what I'm overlooking (to do). Can't figure it out.

The Guide's 'arrow' points to the "Stable" where I'm supposed to use the Torch to burn it. My Carbonite addon shows the area on the screen, as well. But, after killing thousands of beasts and quest-related enemies, then getting inside the "Stable," trying to activate the Torch FAILS; there are no Torches in my bags! Yet, no matter how many of the NPC's I kill to (supposedly) collect Torches, no more of them are gathered.

I cannot complete this quest. The Zygor Guide is far too vague about the step-by-step procedure. I'm sure it must be clear to the developers, and therefore the assumption is that I, too, should know what to do.

I'm stuck, and the Guide offers no clue as to how to continue.

I'm sure it must be something I've overlooked, so please advise me how to proceed.

And, on top of all that, I just now spent an hour trying to attach a .jpg image, but that process is as vague as the Guide. I'm having a rough night!!

First, I tried to attach the image from this forum. That doesn't work.
    Then, I uploaded my screenshot to imgur, but this forum doesn't allow me to attach it.

Now, I'm going to paste the link from imgur (here, below). If that works, it'll be a miracle, and I'll have to edit this post!

PROBLEM! I previewed my topic after pasting my jpg image, but the forum has TRUNCATED MY IMAGE. Geeeesh!

I'm very sorry folks for the confusion. I'm trying my best!

NOTE: I CHANGED MY INTERNET EXPLORER "ZOOM" LEVEL TO 150%, and that clarifies the readability of the text, somewhat. I really wanted you to see the image the way I captured it, but I don't know how. Sorry!

Last edited by kreelor; March 14, 2012, 11:25 PM. Reason: Changing "Zoom" level to 150% seems to work.

The torch is automatically given to you by the quest giver when you accept the quest. If you had full bags at the time you would not have been able to get the torch. Another possibility is that you accidentally deleted the torch from your bags. Just abandon the quest and go back to the quest giver and accept it again to get your torch.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thank you, Cabby, for replying.

However, something is amiss.

* I had empty slots in my bags.
      * I was still on the same quest in the same area.
      * And, I did not delete anything.

It just started getting weird, right after I completed the part about the "Forge." After that, I could not do anything else.

That's why I wrote.

Abandoning and starting this rather difficult quest over again, is something I'd like to avoid. But, unless you can verify that there is no "bug" in this quest, I'll have to do it. Geesh. Heh heh.
      Last edited by kreelor; March 15, 2012, 12:37 AM. Reason: TROUBLESOME TO START HARD QUEST OVER!

Comment

Ok, was checking to make sure I was thinking of the right quest and to see if there's any indication of it being bugged on Blizzard's end.

I was thinking of the wrong quest. You get the torches from killing the peons. Once you get the torch you have to go to the forge to light it. Once it's lit you only have about 5 minutes to use it before you have to kill them and go back to the forge to light another one.

Try stepping back in the guide to the forge step to see if you have any of the unlit torches in your bags that you can light.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          Ok, was checking to make sure I was thinking of the right quest and to see if there's any indication of it being bugged on Blizzard's end.

I was thinking of the wrong quest. You get the torches from killing the peons. Once you get the torch you have to go to the forge to light it. Once it's lit you only have about 5 minutes to use it before you have to kill them and go back to the forge to light another one.

Try stepping back in the guide to the forge step to see if you have any of the unlit torches in your bags that you can light.
          I appreciate your reply, but I don't understand how you could not know which quest I am on; I specified it:
          " Horde-clv 61, step 66, "Zeth'Gor Must Burn"

And, I also posted:

Reference:

* Horde character
          * Char lvl 61
          * Step 66 (in the Guide)
          * Quest: "Zeth'Gor Must Burn"

To me, that should have been expicit, enough.

Anyway, I just now logged into the game today (Fri, March 15, 9:23AM (Pacific Time).

I'll do what you suggested; I'll go back and see what it says. I don't think that'll do any good, since I have no torches available at this point. That's the problem. I think something went terribly wrong, but I'll try what you suggested, anyway. I will respond later after I've tried your suggestion.

Thanks for your reply!

Comment

Okay. After I posted my last comment above, here on Zygor, I entered the game and did this:

* I back-tracked my quest steps, as you suggested, to see if I had the 4 Torches required. It told me that I did have the 4 Torches.
            * Then, I right-clicked the Torches in my backpack (as your guide said to do) at the Forge.
            * It had no effect. It merely told me that I had to be at some other location (but the Guide did not tell me that!).
            * The pop-up told me that I needed to be somewhere about "Cannons," but that makes no sense, whatsoever, for this quest.

I've spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME DUE TO ZYGOR'S INABILITY TO "GUIDE" ME THROUGH THIS PROCESS.

Something is wrong; either I'm totally misunderstanding something, or Zygor's Guide has neglected to provide easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions ----------- which I was informed the Guide was supposed to do.

Please, tell me where I've gone wrong (or else tell me where the Guide has gone wrong).

I've spent days on this typical quest, and have found no common-sense solution to it, yet!!! Frustrated.

Comment

I've attached a screenshot showing the step I'm on and the contradiction that Zygor shows.

The problem with this forum is that it truncates my image!!!

If any of the image is helpful, I hope it serves the purpose. I have no control over Zygor's 'image uploads'. Sorry.
              http://
              Last edited by kreelor; March 16, 2012, 01:14 PM. Reason: spelling correction - serves, not servers

Comment

Have you done what that step of the guide you've got displayed tells you to do, i.e. click the torches next to the forge? That should give you 4 BURNING torches - you then use these to set fire to the 4 buildings.

Comment

As mzanker, and the guide itself, says: You have to use the Bleeding Hollow Torches at the forge to light them. Once you have the 4 Burning Bleeding Hollow Torches, then you use those to burn the 4 buildings in the following steps. Flaming Torch that you have the Tooltip showing for is an item for a completely different quest.

Comment

The reason I was confused on the quest is because there are 2 quests in Hellfire Peninsula that use a torch. As daeymien has pointed out, the torch you see is for the other quest that is given to you by that quest giver and that was the quest I had initially thought you were on. After I remembered there were 2 torch quests in Hellfire I then looked up the one you were talking about and that's when I posted that I had been wrong and gave you the proper guidance for your quest.

Since you have the 4 Bleeding Hollow Torches, instead of opening your bags to find them and possibly getting confused as to which torch you need to click, just click the torch icon in the guide viewer window and it will automatically use the correct torch for you and turn it into a Burning Bleeding Hollow Torch. Anytime there is a step with an item to use you should see that item's icon in the guide viewer and you can just click that icon to save time.

Comment

Cabby, and everyone else who replied to me, with suggestions to help me....

== After reading all that each of you said, and then trying to do it, all of you are correct.

I think my problems were caused by the following:

- After I collected the torches (by killing the peons who had them), I went to the Forge to ignite them. That procedure wasn't really clear, since it did not mention that I had to right-click 4 times on the torches in my bags, to ignite the 4 torches. But, I managed it anyway.

- The steps (in Zygor) did not make it clear (at least I didn't see the info) that I had only 5 minutes maximum to burn all 4 buildings, (1 bldg with each of the 4 torches).

- And, I noticed one time, that after burning the first building, that all 4 torches disappeared (during that burning), and I had to kill more peons to replace them, and reignite them at the Forge again.

Heh heh, and to complicate this quest even more, while I was in a 'safe' place, standing still and re-reading the quest steps, I was ganged-upon and died. The result of that caused me to LOSE the torches during the time it took for me to get my body back, etc. (5-minute timer, which by the way doesn't show up on my screen).

And, since I'm a lamer.... all that crap happened twice!!! LOL.

Anyway, my point is that I wish the Zygor guide would be a little bit more VERBOSE than it is currently. It used to be more verbose. I'm not saying that it's Zygor's fault (in this instance). But, before entering into a quest after accepting it, it's always better to know more specific details, hints, etc. -- like Thottbot used to offer.

I'm not as young as you guys/gals, but I'm struggling along and learning from you along the way. I appreciate EACH of you, in helping me!

**** I completed the quest ****

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
                        - And, I noticed one time, that after burning the first building, that all 4 torches disappeared (during that burning), and I had to kill more peons to replace them, and reignite them at the Forge again.
                        That sounds like it might be a Blizzard bug. There shouldn't have happened.

Comment

Working...
                        X