Feature request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request

Just got your guide today and I'm loving it so far. One thing I think would make it even better would be for it to direct you to turn in completed quests once those completed quests would advance your level to the point where you would advance to the next guide.

The ability to put a keybinding on the quest item for the current quest would be nice, too.

Comment

The keybinding aspect is in place but has been temporarily disabled so that further work and improvements could be done to it.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
        The keybinding aspect is in place but has been temporarily disabled so that further work and improvements could be done to it.
        What the Hell does this mean? It's lacking meaningful information.

Comment

Yeah, I just found a couple posts about MagicKey. Any ideas as to when it'll be reimplemented?
          And does my first idea sound doable? Or useful?

Comment

No idea on when MagicKey will make a return. Since I don't work in the office I'm normally not totally up to date on all of the development aspects for the guides.

For your first idea, it might be doable but I'm not sure if it would be reasonable. Right now the guides just have to watch your current XP to know when to suggest a new guide. This is fairly simple to do and requires almost no cpu overhead. For your idea it would have to be coded to constantly be doing math functions every time you gained any XP or finished a quest step to calculate out the amount of XP from completed quests, add that to your current XP, and then figure out if that would get you to your next guide, then it would have to know exactly where to jump to in the guides to direct you to do the turn ins for just the quests that are completed. I don't know how much this would add to the cpu overhead, but it might be a nightmare to try to program in the part for jumping to a specific quest turn in step. Luckily that kind of programming isn't something I do.

Comment

I already have an addon (from Fizzwidget) that tells me when my completed quests will get me to the next level. It doesn't appear to add any noticeable CPU overhead (even on my old laptop).
              As to needing to figure out where in the guide to jump, why not just have it pop up and say something along the lines of "if you turn these quests in, you'll be ready for the next guide"? If having the guide arrow is one of the requirements/expectations, why not have a separate module that only points to completed quest turn-in points (instead of trying to jump around in the current guide), that activates once the other part determines that it's time to advance?

Comment

Interesting idea but I'm not sure if the main team would want to put in all that work. Right now with our guides we manually put in NPC locations, IDs, and quest IDs for the steps. To do your suggestion I'm thinking the only way to properly work it would be to try to create some kind of database that would link all of those variables in a single entry. Then it would require re-coding the guide viewer window to be able to use that database properly, and then we might need to re-write all of the guides depending on what would need to be done in the code to get the database implemented.

Now I can see some good possibilities and pros for having a database like that with our guides, but I'm not sure of what kind of resources it would take to make something like that happen.

Comment

Working...
                X