OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About to start my first Death Knight...help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to start my first Death Knight...help?

Hey all,
    like the title says, I'm about to start my first dk. Basically, I want to deal ridiculous amounts of damage and be strong as hell. What specs and gear are good for this on dk? Thanks!

Originally posted by Brood View Post
    Hey all,
    like the title says, I'm about to start my first dk. Basically, I want to deal ridiculous amounts of damage and be strong as hell. What specs and gear are good for this on dk? Thanks!
    hmmm.... to be honest, the gear you get as loot is more than addequate for your new DK toon. I got a two hand axe from the AH, and traded a BS a helm build in exchange for a plan I looted. All of these items were not needed, I just have the means to do this thanks to AH trading. With the exeption of those items, I have found it hard to find better gear than what drops as loot, and what is better is for levels above where you are until you hit 80 anyway LOL.

In the end, all you need to worry about is getting yourself to 80. If you keep track of what you loot vs what you are equiped with, you will find good items to swap out at appropriate level increases. Get your blood specs up first, then frost, then unholy. Get your glyphs and place them when you can afford them from the AH, or ask an inscriptor to help you out.

Once you are 80 you will have the option to run raids and dungeons for gear to get that massive GS you keep hearing about in trade or LFG chat.

There are lots of details to go over, sure... just dont spend your gold on stuff you really dont need yet. Once you are 80 you can worry about gearing up.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

For soloing and great survivability you want to go with Blood talent tree. This tree has some great self healing and you'll find there's virtually no downtime. Once you get the improved blood presence talent then you can run around in frost presence while still having nice healing and have a good boost in HP and tanking ability.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yes, the best thing to do would be to use the Blood spec we provide in the Zygor Talent Advisor. It is our recommend leveling build for DK's and will do all the things you were wanting to do.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Or if you'd like I have my own personal blood spec that I can share for you. Every single point is spent in blood.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Wow guys thanks alot for all the help! I'm gonna hit 55 tonight and once I do I'll start with the dk and let u know how it goes!

Comment

DKs have a very sharp learning curve. You will need to know about runes and how they work. Also need to know about the functions of your abilities. Here are some good reads to get your started in the right direction. Please do take the time to do the research on your class. DKs get a bad wrap from people jumping into them and everyone else having to deal with their learning curve.

What are Runes:
              Click here to learn about Death Knight Runes

How to Tank as a Death Knight:
              Click here to lean about Tanking as a DK

How to DPS as a Death Knight:
              Click here to learn how to DPS as a DK
              I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Working...
              X