Don't update to the new version, it doesn't work for firelands daylies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't update to the new version, it doesn't work for firelands daylies

There is a problem with this new version, when you select Fireland Daylies you will see ? in the progress %. It doesn't load the guide. Message in Zygor is "Guide not parsed" Please fix it asap.

Thanks

No problem here with guide 3102 (shows as 3101 in the updater due to a bug).
    Please try the repair function of the updater.

For those that are unsure about this make a backup of your WoW\Interface\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer folder before updating so you can copy it back in case of problems.

Edit, sorry, overlooked it's about Horde guide, I only tested Alliance, going to load Horde now.

Edit2: looks like a typo in the guide file, looking into it.

Comment

Ok, I found the typo, one step has an additional character in the coordinates:
      goto 51.6,65.0w

Open the WoW\Interface\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guides\Zygo rDailiesHordeCATA.lua file with a text editor and search for:
      goto 51.6,65.0w
      remove the w and everything should work fine.

Comment

Thank you cartman for your quick answer. ^^

Comment

Yep thanks a ton for the quick fix!

Comment

No problem, these things are easy to find as these errors mostly show up in the chat window when loading the guide.

Comment

Hello,

It seems that noone is fixing the problem in the new release. Please is just to remove one character and it is done, but it is tedious to do what Cartman said every day.

Comment

Hrm, here's a thought anacron, quit being lazy and do the simple fix that has been suggested. The team who works on the guides browse the site quite often and I'm sure they are aware of the issue and will have it fixed soon. For someone who has been a member for quite some time, you don't seem to know how things work. It will get fixed. Be patient. If your car breaks down, it takes time to fix it does it not?

Comment

The 3104 guide version was only released to fix the version number issue with the updater. Content fixes should appear in the next update.
                  Remember that the Zygor team has US office hours so updates mostly arrive in the night for EU players.

Comment

Hi dulak,
                    I have been a zygor's member since the beggining, and I think this guide is the best of all guides I ever tried and the support team is always very fast fixing the bugs. But because I am an old member, I know that maybe the problem it is that someone has to communicate this issue to the staff because we are not talking about a big change but remove 1 simple character and Cartman has already done the work.

Comment

From the user point you are right, it's just a "remove this small thing and release an update".
                      However we don't know about the development process, maybe they are working on bigger things and can't release a new version anytime before other changes have been tested.
                      And I don't know who is the one to push the release button.

But now we have Cabby as a supporter so I expect the connection between the forums and the team to be much faster.

Comment

This has already been fixed in the development version but I'm not sure when that will be pushed live. The team are constantly trying to develop new things, watch the Live servers for changes, watch the PTR servers for changes, fix bugs, improve the guide window, etc. Zygor's is a small company so all of this is being done by only a few people and it's a lot to keep up with. I'm still trying to work on them to come up with something more regular in the way of update releases but right now they release them when they can and when they think the development version is ready for release.
                        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                        X