Nat Pagle, Angler Extreme...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nat Pagle, Angler Extreme...

I can't find this quest in your guide. It's on Wowhead, and it's available at level 45 and fishing level 225...and I do believe you get an achievement and Nat's Lucky fishing pole.

There is no achievement for this as far as I know (that's why it's not in the guide). Long ago you used to have to do this quest to progress your fishing skill but Blizzard changed that and now it's just a quest to get a fishing pole. You can get better fishing poles later on with reputation work in Northrend and MoP.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

No, there's no achievement - but it's a good pole that you get

I always do this if I haven't already got a better pole from the dailies. I wait until level 60 because flying makes it a lot quicker and it gives me a bit of a break before starting to quest in Outland (my favourite questing zones, not).

Comment

I did notice no achievement, but you use to be able to get a pole in desolace that was exactly like the Nat Pagle, but now instead of +20 fishing it's +25 and it's a blue now. It does help you to achieve Fishing skill faster as you can move to higher skilled areas quicker.
        ...but suit yourselves.

Comment

You don't really need to go to different areas to raise your skill. I'm not positive on the 525-600 portion of fishing for if you need to be in Pandaland, but before MoP was released I stood with a hunter in the SW canals by the fishing trainer and went from 1-525 in about 6 hours. Yes, it was a very boring fishing skill grind to sit there doing only that for 6 hours, but it got it over and done with without wasting time running all over looking for a better zone to work in.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cabby's correct - you gain fishing skill just as fast in low-level areas as you do in high-level areas. Also, a better fishing rod won't make any difference - you get just as much fishing skill from catching junk as you do fish.

If you need to move to higher level areas and not catch junk (because you're levelling cooking at the same time, for example) then a better pole will obviously help towards catching fish and not junk.

Comment

You even need a pole or a lure in Pandaria with fishing 600, otherwise you will still pull junk out of the water.
              But any pole and a +75 or +100 lure will be sufficient.
              I even skilled fishing from something around 300 to 600 in Pandaria (though it was a pain in the beginning).

Comment

What I meant was to keep from catching trash. I mean, I personally do not see the point of fishing if you are not going to level cooking, because to me, fishing is just something fun to do when not instancing, questing or raiding. Cooking is where it is, but again to me, cooking is not really fun to me without fishing, it's kind of like, I like bread, but I like it better with butter, I don't know, but it's nice you all are contributing to this discussion. I really do not like catching trash, it just clogs bag space and doesn't really pay a lot. I know right now a lot of the Pandaria fish are sellable at high gold right now...but my 2 cents That's all this is.

Comment

Working...
                X