• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Profession Guide - Cooking

Profession Guide - Cooking
    Alliance
    Step 93

Something is wrong here. And, it happens in many other Zygor steps, too. No matter where I am in the correct city to accept or turn in a quest, Zygor keeps throwing up the Portal icon (on the Waypoint arrow) telling me to use it even if I have only a few yards to walk to get to the objective. Using the Portal requires running/flying all the back to where I was in the first place, unnecessarily. This happens quite often.

See pictures:
    enter-sewer-stormwind-city.jpg
    upon-entering-the-sewer-in-stormwind-city.jpg

Just a quick question kreelor, if you go into the tunnel/sewer a bit further does it stop trying to tell you to hearth or does it keep telling you to hearth no matter where you are in the sewer?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yes, but... I don't see what that has to do with the issue I reported.

Comment

I'll try to explain what is happening and hopefully you'll then understand why I asked that question.

First, the issue you reported is a problem with the travel system itself. Now the travel system has different maps it knows about and we have to tell it the coordinates for where one map ends and the next map begins. So in this instance your first picture is showing the travel system pointing to the end of the SW map. Once you reach that point then the SW Sewer map should be in effect. Because you are getting the hearthstone for routing that means the travel system doesn't know where you are and is trying to get you back to the entrance to the SW Sewers the best way it can.

When this happens it means there are 2 possible reasons for the travel system to not know where you are. First is that the new area map has not been defined in our libraries and we need to get it added. Second is that the start and end coordinates for the 2 maps are off and they need to get fixed to be matched up. For the first possible reason the arrow would remain as the hearthstone no matter where you went in SW Sewers and for the 2nd possible reason the arrow would start working once you got into the SW Sewers a bit further and were inside the defined boundaries of that map. Knowing which reason it's messing up helps to expedite the fix.

Since you said the arrow does start to work properly once you get a bit further into the SW Sewers that means it's reason two which is a quick tweak to the coordinates.

Edit: Knowing exactly what is wrong helps to know who needs to fix it, Content team or Development team. With your original post title it would be thought that it was a guide bug and the content team would need to fix it, but the real bug would normally fall under a dev team bug.
        Last edited by cabby; October 7, 2013, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Thanks Cabby. You explained it quite well, and I understand now why you were asking. Please, keep in mind what I mentioned in my original post, that the same issue happens very often in a variety of places. To the best of my memory, it's the same issue causing it as in the Sewer situation; keep wandering around and it will eventually find out what it needs to display, and when! heh heh. I merely thought that someone on the staff could go to where I was and see for themselves, and they would understand it better than I did. Thanks again for your complete reply. Now, I won't have to keep reporting more of the same kinds of issues, since they are probably all related to how Zygor is coded.

Comment

If you could, let us know when you see more of this. Each area is different so fixing the coordinates for one thing (like the SW Sewers) won't fix them for the other areas. If you can just let us know which zone/map you are transitioning from and which one you are going to (or the guide and step number where you first see it) then we should be able to get those fixed up.

Comment

Here's just a quick one...

Although there were many other identical situations, here's one I had already captured a screenshot of.

cooking-daily-step28-ajay-green-sewer-stew.jpg

Comment

One of the team were looking into this and might have a fix for it. Apparently the mini map changes over to the Sewers before the main map does and this is what's causing the problem. Since you use Carbonite you wouldn't notice this mapping oddity. Basically Blizzard is telling us that you're on two different maps at the same time which is what's throwing the travel system into a fit in that area. If the team can come up with a way to handle this and get it fixed they will.

Comment

Working...
                X