Cooking Guide: The Problem of Vegetables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking Guide: The Problem of Vegetables

I was using the Cooking Guide to level up my skills, and overall it worked fantastic. Highly reccommend it. However, when it comes to getting vegetables the guide's advice is not very good. There are several ways to get vegetables:

1) You can grow them. ( may take days )
    2) You can buy them at the auction house using gold ( may cost a ton of gold )
    3) You can buy them from Nam Ironpaw using Ironpaw Tokens ( you may not have enough tokens )
    4) You can grind them off certain mobs who drop them ( the drop rates are horrible )
    5) You can grind Ironpaw tokens, which you then turn in for vegetables (WINNER!)

If you choose not to buy them off the AH but to obtain them yourself, the cooking guide has you do choice 4 - grind of mobs. Specifically in my case, I needed 250 pumpkins, and the guide had me go grind Snagtooth Hooligans. Their drop rate on these pumpkins is listed at 1.8% on WowHead, meaning killing 100 might get you two. So that's a whale of a grind!

The far more efficient way to grind pumpkins, or any other vegetables, is to grind Ironpaw Tokens instead. Here's what you do: go fish, or go grind meat. Look at the empty food containers sold by Merchant Cheng, and simply pick one, such as Golden Salmon or Tiger Meat. Then go get stacks of it. Come back and buy the appropriate containers from Merchant Cheng, then convert the empty containers to "Bags of Groceries" that you can then turn in to Nam Ironpaw for Ironpaw Tokens. Use those tokens to buy your veggies.

I fished up 10 stacks of salmon and paddlefish and turned them in for 250 pumpkins. Took about 80 minutes. This is much faster than grinding them off mobs. It's several orders of magnitude faster!
    Last edited by xandohsa; November 20, 2012, 06:21 PM.

What I always do is after I farm the main ingredients I need I hit the step back button to go back to the option step and then select the token path to go farm meat or fish to raise the tokens needed for the veggies.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
    X