Jewelcrafting/Mining - Powerful Mojo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jewelcrafting/Mining - Powerful Mojo

Would be thankful if it could be omitted to loot 10 Powerful Mojos somehow. The drop rate is between 0.01 and 0.04% on the mobs where the guide tells you to find them. I killed thousands of mobs there with a level 85 char for three days without a single drop. Haven't found any of those on the auction house either.

Does not seem to be a very effective way of leveling this profession.

Thanks

/Dyeus

The alternative would be to create 10 Sapphire Pendant of Winter Night. But for that you would need 10 Essence of Undeath and 10 blue sapphires which also can be hard to farm:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=21790

Looking at the drop rates for the essence it seems to be easier to get than the Mojo. Should be tested.

Comment

This is the drop rate for Essence:
      Slaughterhouse Protector Eastern Plaguelands 65%
      Ziggurat Protector Eastern Plaguelands 19%
      Eyeless Watcher Eastern Plaguelands 16%

This is the drop rate for Powerful Mojo:
      Smolderthorn Berserker(Elite) Blackrock Spire 8%

Not sure what stats you were looking at, but Essence is much easier to farm now.

Comment

Now check the drop rate for blue sapphires. I believe that is the holdup on the other recipe.

Then again, looking at the comments on WoWhead, it might be the way to change.

Comment

Drop rates on wowhead are not always reliable. Sometimes the amount of kills is too low to be statistically significant. For example the 65% looks suspicious. That's why I wrote that this should be tested.

The problem with the sapphire is that it may require a good amount of Thorium ore to get the 10. Wowhead shows 31% from prospecting Thorium ore so you need about 150 Thorium.

Again: this should definitely be looked into and changed if getting the essence and the Thorium is easier.

Comment

Thank you for all replies. I finally went to Blackrock Spire and got the Mojos from the Smolderthorns there. Took me 10 instances to get all 10 Powerful Mojos. If I cleaned out all Smolderthorns I got between 0-2 Mojos per instance, so after I found where they were located it didn't take me too much time.

Eastern Plaguelands I think is a waste of time to search for these.

/Dyeus

Comment

Working...
            X