Latest guide needs some serious work to be viable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest guide needs some serious work to be viable

Zone levels do not match - for example: Shimmering Sands, between Thousand Needles and Tanaris, is a 30-35 zone now, you show it 28-30 and at 28, you want us to go there to get a quest(s) we can't have yet.

You still have ALL toons heading for Bloodmyst Isle.
    All the leveling guides are missing in every zone now. Only thing that is available is this new thing you came up with
    Babysits way to much, micro-manages my bags, vendor nags *yes I have that disabled, as most all the other things you have in the guide*
    Because you keep telling folks to put quest items in the bank for later, takes longer to go back to find the bank to get em back out.

I have skipped Bloodmyst Isle twice now, as almost all of it is GREEN. I am also level 16 by the time you send me there, no xp boosts.

I noticed, everywhere, the guide has us eating up quests that are green, almost never up in the Yellow, where we should always be.

Travel to Tarren Mills, should not happen until level 24, you go way to early and skip the 2 lead-in quests before going there.

This new travel system leaves a lot to be desired, skips lead-in quests, everywhere, all the time.

I personally would appreciate someone there taking the time to make a useful accurate guide.

I *know* you have not validated this route you tell everyone to take, as I have tried to do so, many times and it FAILS constantly.

Make the guide at least useful in other areas besides the talent point system, which is about the only thing I use atm.

Thanks for anything you are willing to fix/massage/change or to make it more accurate.

Noticed another problem with your routes. When coming back from Azuremyst Isle
    You like to turn North, where the quest levels are higher.
    You should be going south, to do the quests in YELLOW, the 100% xp sweet spot 1st.
    Once done, then you go back to town, train up, clean out bags etc. Go to AH get some gear et al.
    Then when you come back, then, and only then, do you go North, complete all the quests.
    Hearth to town, turn it all in, train up, clean out bags, go to AH, find better weapons.
    Then you are ready to go the rest of the way to Ashenvale.

Here you do it again, wanting to pick up that level 20 quest (hair something, bags on ground), we don't *need* yet, I just get the gem, then head on in to Ashenvale

You do this everywhere, horde or alliance. You go for the highest quest possible 1st, then, you end up going back to do the Yellow ones we should have been working on, but, now some have gone green, so now we don't get as much xp per mob. it's a losing situation for all.

You go for the RED, when you should be going for Green/Yellow, then when that's all gone, then do the RED quests, which probably when Yellow like it should.

I truly hope you 2 get your wits about you, and do this right. for the Players and Games Sake.

Where are all the quests? where is the guide we all paid for?

Telling players to delete hearth has zero effect on leveling. you will always have a hearth in bags, *always*, get used to it.

Telling players to die on purpose, is bad idea as well. saves time alright, but lose lots of XP.
    Each time you do that, you lose XP, save an extra minute, but get stuck with not enough XP later on, so you make up grind spots, which take more time.

I always WALK, killing, looting along the way, making gold, perhaps a gear drop, but most important, I get XP all the way to/from quest areas.

I would like to know if you will ever re-create the family friendly guide John Cook created, that made zygor famous and made him rich?
    100% flawless guide, all the work was already done for you, all you had to do was fix the APIs.
    It was THE standard by which all other guides tried to immitate and failed.

Currently,
    for those that prefer to 'speed level' - there are better ones out there.
    for those that like to level and want to see more quests and areas the game has to offer - this guide ain't it.
    for those that want to learn how the game works, this guide used to be IT, but not anymore.
    I still have hope these 2 can find the time to do the players and the game a SOLID and do it right.

Currently, we are missing so many quest leveling guides for in all zones, all races, both factions.
    Very little to chose from: Their way or the highway, even tho you can't get to 80 if you follow it exactly.
    I've tried several times, can't get to level 20 following the guide, route not validated, feels like a cheap quick fix that doesn't work right.
    and it's been that way for MONTHS.

So either they will step up to the plate, and deliver what we paid for years ago, or at least a viable working guide,
    with all the zones and quests or Zygor is dead for anything but retail .

It's feeling like it's dead and nobody cares any more.

Comment

joh667 with Zygor
      Purchased every guide you made.
      Signed up for Elite Subscription for about 15 years now.
      My son signed up for Elite Subs for 10 years or so now.
      You have provided no useful Guide for this WotLK Expansion.
      I've been after you for 6 months, to no avail.

In the past 2 weeks, I have donated $100 to Questie! addon, such a huge useful impact for players
      I purchased all of FuriousPaul's Joana's Classic WoW 1-80 Leveling Guides
      2 of them are now in game guides, 1-60 is almost done.
      I purchased and have been a member of Dugi's Guides for years
      Also donated to RestedXP and WoW-Pro Leveling Addon – Jame’s Leveling Guide TourGuide style
      To support folks that are working hard for this expansion.

Because of your lack of support,
      you have lost 1 Elite veteran player subscriber now, soon my son will follow, that will be 2
      from my family.

I believe the guides you need for this expansion, would be found in the Cataclysm release.

@ John Cook
      Thank you for all the great guides you made for us, all the way thru Pandaria /respect

If you folks decide to release the full version guide for this expansion, like you used to have,
      be sure to reach out to me via email address on file, and I'll resubscribe to show my suport for your addon.

We don't even have the bare minimum guides .

Comment

No response after 2 days is telling.

Comment

Oops I mean 5 days...

Comment

My issue is, why so much grinding?! I started playing WoW back in retail WotLK and I used Zygor guides back then, but I don't remember hitting "grind to next level" steps all the bloody time. It was a constant struggle 15-30 because I hate grinding mobs without a quest. I'd rather do long, inefficient quests and travel than mindlessly kill random monsters. At around level 30, I did a battleground quest, I did a bunch of Ashenvale and Thousand Needles quests that the guides didn't include, I also turned in 60 cloth in capitals for some extra XP and it felt like I was about 1 level ahead of the guides, just to hit a grind step at level 33 already... It just feels like the first classic 1-60 guide with some band-aids slapped on top of it. And that initial 1-60 guide was absolutely horrible.

Comment

Working...
            X