OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bugs that should be fixed before any more guides!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugs that should be fixed before any more guides!!!

Hi, I'm Satis aka Satisfyme on Grobbulus(RPPVP) server.

Short backstory of me:
    Back in the days I was the author of TourGuide Tradeskill for leveling all the professions in a nice simple easy step by step guide and trying to do so by the less expensive means as possible.
    I stopped developing on it when Cataclysm launched and I believe it was around that time Zygor came to life as well (Not totally sure about it but I believe it's around that time)

So I have used Zygor for a very long time, first time when Classic was released.
    Back then everything worked pretty alright, like almost no bugs or problems at all.

I had a break from classic and rejoined back in TBC, 3 month before WOTLK and there have been things I have been noticing over the last past 4-5 month now.
    Some were fixed by hard resetting everything, like deleting all the Save files for Zygor and hard reinstalling the addon as I had a corrupted save file once and a couple of time just to see if that would fix some of the other issues I have and had.

Now, before suggestion hard resetting Zygor, do note that I have already done that several times and have not fixed the issues I'm about to list below.

Here is a list of things I have found that I really think should be addressed before doing any more guides due to the simple fact that some functions are almost barely working at all and really demotivates you from using Zygor by quite allot.
    1. Gear Advisor.
      It's popping up with the gear switcher in the most unexpected times, like in a boss fight inside a dungeon suggestion an item that have been looted that doesn't even match the stats set in the Item Score specialization. (more on Item Score in section 2)
      Even if you go into the Gear settings and turns the function off fully, it doesn't care and continues popping up as if it was active.
      This is also why I don't use the "Auto-collect quest rewards" setting as it would take an wrong item instead of the one I really need.
      Most of the issues with Gear Advisor I believe is related to section 2 about Item Score except from turning Gear Advisor on and off.
    2. Item Score.
      It does not work as intended anymore from the tests and experience I had.

What I mean by that is that in the start when I using Zygor in TBC I was and still am playing my Shadow Priest so for most of the time the score was correct except for one or 2 stats most of the time.

Shadow Priest:
      I had the settings set for Shadow in the Specialization (Yes Specialization is spelled with an z and not an s :P )
      Now in that setting Spirit and Mps are ranked very low in the stat weight set which is as it should be and the more important stats like int, crit, hast and hit are in the top.
      When I some times get an item where it had spirit with +35 stat but -44 to hit, hast and/or crit, the gear advisor still suggest the item with spirit as a HUGE upgrade, like 150-200% upgrade and popup with the item upgrade suggestion screen.
      I tried changing the spirit stat numerous time to an lower score but that didn't change anything at all.
      I could live with that small error as at some point I was hoping it would be fixed as there have been numerous post here on the forum about item score not working fully,
      except from the gear advisor tend to re-evaluate quite a bit of times inside a dungeon and popup the gear advisor item swap screen, but more about that in another section.

Now I went and made 2 new toons. A Druid and a Hunter.
      Here is where everything went to really bad.

Druid:
      My Druid was set to Feral DPS and in that list Int,Spirit and Mps is not even present as as feral you are not relying on those and when showing all stats there are not even a number in those fields so from that those stats should not be counted into the item score at all.
      Even so, it still scores items as I was set to Restoration Druid and values, Int, Spirit and Mps in it's score and if I had an item with 20+ Agility (which is the primary stat for Feral Druid) and 25+ in Strength, then an item with like 10 int would be still be scored as an 1k-20k% upgrade and the Gear advisor pops up almost each time I collect a new item until that item with 10 int is removed from your inventory.
      That's a really big no no and the popup is really annoying all the times.

Hunter:
      My Hunter is only a level 27 toon but have Heirloom gear that is basically the best for leveling as it stats are updating on each level and is counted as a blue item if the same level as the toon.
      My Hunter is basically the same regarding spirit. It's Specialization is set as Beast Mastery and have no spirit in the stat weight set and int is very low as well but still it prefers an item with spirit instead and again doing the exact same behavior as in the 2 other examples above.

Item Score Update % Score:
      One last thing to Item Score, is that it some times takes 10-20 sec before showing the upgrade % value of an new item and some times it's fast. Not sure if that's on my end or what it is but I just wanted to mention it here as well.
    3. Auction House scanning.
      It works pretty well in it self but are not updating prices on the tooltip of an item in your inventory after a scan until you either re-logging or reload the UI.
      This in it self is not really a big problem but just a thing I believe should still be fixed as people don't always think about re-logging or reloading the UI to get the updated price tooltips.
      Well it's really a weird one as some times it works for some items but if you then go sell them 1 min after a scan it still changes some prices like from 100g down to 20-50g instead.
      I know there is an Appraise function but honestly, that should be done while doing the AH scan anyway and not have to wait another 2 min for appraising all the items you have in the inventory afterwards.

Gold Trend Data Collection:
      Now I know that Retail have Gold Trend Data collection for servers you specify or servers you scan for that you have toons on.
      If I'm not mistaking, then that is the AH scans that have been uploaded from people using Zygor and have scanned the AH so an data set of prices are updated quite often and makes you not having to scan the AH each day yourself.
      I know this is an suggestion and not a bug report, but could this not be implemented into classic as well? as it would make things easier for all of us classic users.
    4. Already existing guides.
      You have allot of guides and most of them are working fine as is but there is still several of them there is not updated to the latest patch and DLC and in some places you are told to take and quest that's not even available for the class or race you are playing or quests that have been removed due to expansions.
      I know this is a huge task to do as there is 800+ guides to chose from (I'm guessing half for each faction) and I don't expect it to be done right here and now but I still think it's one of the places you should have people working on as well.
    5. Loading of Zygor.
      When loading into wow or reloading the UI, Zygor is freezing the game for 10-20 sec while loading all 800+ guides.
      This is something I believe can be fixed by progression loading guides, like only load 5-10 guides in each game loop and halt the loading until next game loop, while showing an progression bar or a chat message showing the load progression of Zygor while making you still be able to play the game while it loading and once it's done, it shows the Zygor guide window.
      I know it's possible to do as other addons does that as well, like Questie f.ex, when an update is out, it updating it's database small bits at the time while you can still move around and do things while it updating and once it's updated, it shows the quest list.

Now the above issues is what I believe is the main problems that should be prioritized being worked on before doing any new guides.
    I know that some people wants new guides but making the core program function correctly by itself first and getting existing guides updated is what I believe most of us want to have fixed first from all those annoying issues that from what I have read on the forum here is what makes most people leave Zygor for other guides addons like RestedXP.

I have no idea of how many is working on Zygor and if there is a team for Retail and one for Classic that only focuses on that game version they are assigned to, but if not, I would highly suggesting doing so and pop out smaller updates as you get things fixed instead of we having to wait for month before and update is cumming out or when and event is active.

I love Zygor and I'll still be using it for now as I believe in the addon it self and the potential it has over others I have seen, IF you can get the issues fixed.

I'm even willing to lend my help doing so as I have lua programming knowledge and have made addons back when retail was in TBC, though it have been a while it's still something I would be able to do as I haven't forgotten most of it and have been C# programming as well and readapting to an old way should not me a problem.

Thank you for listening
    Kind Regards
    Satis.

PS. Sorry for the pool but I believe it would give you an indicator on what people really think about it all in all.

Do you agree or not?
    I totally agree with what is said here.
    75.00%
    I agree in most of the issues mentioned.
    12.50%
    I agree but still want to have new guides while things here is fixed
    0%
    I just want new guides
    0%
    I don't really care.
    0%
    I don't really care as I'm planing to go else where anyway.
    12.50%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Satissis; October 30, 2022, 11:14 AM.

It's been over a week and no replies from the Support or the dev team yet.

Do you even care ?

Comment

Just because there are no replies does not mean it has not been seen.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Oh I was quite sure it had been seen

Would just had thought you would have said something about it as it was starting to look like it was a topic that was going to be read and then forgotten and I was kinda getting a bit frustrated about it.

No offense meant about it

Still kinda curious about you and the devs point of view on this

Comment

The devs don't really comment too much about stuff. Normally they look at something and if they see there might be a problem they try to reproduce it. If they can and they determine it is not intended behavior then they work on fixing it. If they can't reproduce it and they don't see anything obviously wrong in the code they move on to other things. It's just a time management thing with them seldom commenting on things.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
          X