Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Question Summerset Question.

So I have some LUA Scripting Knowledge and I was curious since the guide is going free to use will users like myself be able to contribute to the upkeep and creation of new content for the addon? It obviously remains a Zygor product but that is no reason to just halt all new content from being added. I currently have been putting together some work using the PTS on the upcoming DLC. My question is if Zygor Members continue to create content will Zygor consider maintaining said content's compatibility with newer versions of ESO. Or is this entire thing completely against TOS of the guide and I should stop all current work on a summerset guide.

I'll have to let Zygor Admin answer this one.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Great because like I said it fairly easy to write guides for the current groundwork of the client. For Example:

Screenshot_20180421_140356.jpg

It would be fairly simple to have the person who previously wrote the guides for ESO give a format or standard so that all future guides adhere to the standard Zygor wishes to uphold in it's quality of content.

While I was a World of Warcraft player back in the day and used the guides extensively I find my time now devoted entirely to Elder Scrolls Online and I wasn't disappointed with the guides but rather that there wasn't more of them as there is so much to do in the game and guides would be extremely useful I believe the community can fill in the content that the addon is missing and it would draw more attention to Zygor Guides as a whole (I brought the addon to the attention of my entire guild recently after discovering that few people other than a few officers knew about it only to be told that Zygor was ending support for it.)
    Last edited by raventrigun; April 21st, 2018 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Additional Thoughts.

new guides for eso

I for one hope they let you. There is so much more that they could have offered to get people to buy the guide that they didn't do. Like crafting, fishing, armor sets, build setups, world bosses, PVP, dungeon runs and more. If you look at the guide content between eso and wow. Its no wonder why only 1% has picked up the guide so far.
    Last edited by skunkwerkks; April 25th, 2018 at 09:39 AM. Reason: misspelling

You're welcome to create custom guides if you like and even share them on this forum. The addon will be maintained by Zygor for compatibility until things reach a point that it would require serious overhaul of the addon to continue offering support. Note that this may never be the case, but we're simply stating it now as a possibility that would lead to the end of support. As for a format or standard you can write your own custom guides in whatever format or standard you like since they won't be official Zygor products. Hope this answered your questions.

Good to know. I've been toying with the idea of creating Skyshard recovery/lore-books/delve guides to only path through for those items in a zone, as well as removing the main story line from the guides and putting it in it's own guide since it can pretty much be done all at once with One Tamriel.

Please do this...please.

If you select the option, Load Outdated, Zygor Guide works with the Summerset update.

"creating Skyshard recovery/lore-books/delve." Those already exist. There's an ESO addon manager called Minion. You'll want to get:

- Destinations
    - Lost Treasure*
    - Mini Map by Fyrakin*
    - SkyShards*

* these are one update behind ("Dragon Bones" 3.3). They will likely be updated soon. They are all quite popular, and AFAIK people donate. Anyhow, they work with Load Outdated.

Speaking of which, doesn't our monthly subscription cover support for the ESO portion of Zygor Guides? Right now, I'm not playing WOW, but I've kept my Zygor subscription going for many months because of ESO. Pretty sure with all the fanfare surrounding Summerset now would be an excellent opportunity to advertise your ESO guide. People are going to seek out a useful guide. Yours is one of the best.

BTW is the ESO guide updated for Summerset? Any plans?
    Last edited by alterego9268; May 22nd, 2018 at 03:23 AM.

There are no plans for any official Summerset guides. http://zygorguides.com/blog/zygor-gu...oing-free-use/
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

If we, the Zygor community, wanted to work together to update the guide, are you okay with this?

Could you create another ESO forum called Guide Development?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast