X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dugi vs Zygor Unbiased review

Hi there guys!

I downloaded Dugi guide a while back and used it to level several of my characters to level 40 (since thats the free limit cap). I then bought it and got my highest level character 54 with it. (I also change my mind on what class I want to play so I delete a lot of my characters)

I like to compare it to Zygor with pros and cons from both. Hopefully I can help someone in making a informed decision.

Installation:
    Installation from Dugi was difficult and so is updating it as you have to download the addon installer plus extra addons to install and do it again every time theres an update. Dugi updates his guides which is good and bad at the same time.
    Zygor has a auto updater and installer which makes everything so much easier. You just install and it's done. If you want to update click on update and it's done. Far simpler and far easier.

Thumbs up to Zygor.

Free trial:
    This is where Dugi wins hands down easy. Try it till your level 40 for free which is far way?? That is good. Zygor however only lets you try it till your level 13 which can possibly be done in about an hour so you have to buy Zygor sooner to get more experience out of it. Dugi gives you a really good tryout.

Thumbs up to Dugi.

Price:
    I bought Dugi for $97 about two weeks ago for both alliance and horde leveling guide (which is now $50... ouch).
    Then I bought Zygor's guide for $60 for both alliance and horde leveling.
    With Dugi you get Dailies and Event guide with the purchase while with Zygor you have to pay for them separately. Which is another $50 on top of what you already paid.
    Dugi has a alliance and horde achievement and profession guide for an extra $30 while Zygor doesn't have that option yet.

Who has the better pricing has so many factors that I can't say who is better. After all you should not solely choose a product based on price.

The Guide:
    This is what most people are really wanting to learn about.
    Both guides have their ups and down and both are effective in getting you experience and leveling up fast.
    Both Zygor and Dugi are the same as in pointing which quests to go to and where and explain how many mobs to kill or how many things to pick up etc.
    When a quest require an item to be used, Dugi pops up a icon that you can click on instead of searching through your bags. Zygor also has this but it's a very small icon in the list.
    I had some trouble with finding quest givers with Dugi, especially in the Night Elf starting area as it only says the quest givers name and not that they're on a different level. So I could be searching for this one quest giver and I'm at the right spot to find out later he's actually above me. Zygor explains and even points you to a ramp/stairs where the NPCs are where Dugi is just a name.

Dugi you can mark quests as completed or skip them. Zygor you can only skip. Zygor can also auto skip quests that are no longer beneficial to you while with Dugi you choose if you want to skip or not based on the quests colour.

With Zygor you can also see what steps are coming up so you know you can complete a step further down if you are currently on a step before it to help you level that little bit faster. For example step 1 says to kill 5 birds and you come across a bear and you see step 3 tells you to kill 5 bears. You can kill the bear to help you with another step instead of spending time running away from the bear or avoiding it and then having to look for it again. Dugi doesn't have that flexibility.

Zygor will tell you to find flight paths which could be needed in future if you level to fast. so if your level 50 and you haven't used Zygor since lvl 20 then when it skips all the quests it will still tell you to find flight paths for future. When you get those flight paths then it will move on to the quests that are suited for your level.
    With Dugi you choose a leveling guide around your level and it skips all the flight paths making it difficult to get to places. You either have to get a friend to take you to a location or get an extra addon to find flight paths which will not always help. Also with Dugi, it can still give you quests which were started in previous guide and if you haven't ticked or skip them in the guide it will assume you have it which means you could be spending extra time trying to figure out why certain mobs not dropping required items.
    I found myself leveling faster with Zygor as he explains where mobs and flight paths are and if you out level it, it can can catch up to you.

Thumbs up to Zygor for the guide.

Talent Guide:
    Zygor wins this easy. With Zygor you can choose to follow their recommendation and choose which talents to put in. They tell you each step of the way by simply choosing what they say right on the talent build. You can even get them to do it for you so you no longer have to worry about talents when your leveling up.
    Dugi has a free Talented addon with templates which didn't really work to well for me and for some other people. It goes of the screen so some builds you can choose as you can't click on them without changing some settings. When you look at them and see what you need, you then have to go into your talents and then update. It's probably as good as Alt Tabbing but Alt Tabbing might work better as a webpage has less chance of going of screen and having trouble.

Thumbs up to Zygor.

Updates:
    Dugi appears to update his guide far more often than Zygor. Zygor claims they update less but with better updates which in other words you have to wait longer for something to get fixed. However both updates are quire regular. Especially with the new expansion coming out.
    Zygor is easier to update since all you need to do is click on update button and everything is taken care of. Dugi you have to manually download each update and install them.

While Dugi updates more regularly Zygor updates is easier.

Extras:
    This is where Dugi shines very brightly. The bonus extras you get with Dugi is more than I seen with most guides. Whether gold guides or leveling guides, Dugi really gives everything to his subscribers.
    With Dugi you get class gear guides which shows you what gear you can expect from certain quests, dungeons and raids. You can make it only show gear that's suited for your spec.
    Dugi also has a profession guide for every profession while Zygor has a profession guide for one.
    Dugi has videos on events and dailies. Zygor has none.
    Dugi has videos and articles on farming gold and using the Auction house
    Zygor has one article on Auction House and gold guides are still coming.
    Dugi also sends out free information that will help you greatly quite often via email. Zygor doesn't or maybe I have declined his email updates? (oops!)

With all the bonus extras BIG thumbs for Dugi.

Well thats my take on both Dugi and Zygor the two biggest guides there is. I hope I help at least someone on making a informed unbiased decision. If you have any questions or comments, let me know

Left up as both sites have this posted, however the thread will be closed. Too much history and drama involved when the other person is brought up.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Also Zygor trial is to 20 now. Someone hasn't done it in a while.
      Last edited by Kamchak; November 27, 2010, 06:42 PM. Reason: "Zygor trail is..." to Zygor trial is....
      I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.
      Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
      X