Zygor no longer detects TomTom after TomTom update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor no longer detects TomTom after TomTom update

The option to select TomTom has become greyed out after this update to TomTom:
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/tom...-v40100-1-4-0/

Confirmed, looks like the author of TomTom changed the way it is initialized and so the guide does not detect it.
    The waypoints itself seem to be compatible, at least MobMap can still set TomTom waypoints as it did before.

Comment

I still use Carbonite for my waypoints. Works great.

Comment

TomTom has nothing to do with Carbonite...

Comment

While that may be, was only a suggestion in a round about way. TomTom is a waypoint arrow. Carbonite has a waypoint arrow.

Comment

I was reporting a change in an addon I use that the guide viewer interacts with. I'm fully aware there are other options available, but that does not change the fact that TomTom-support is (temporarily) out-of-order.

Comment

Anyhow, does TT work without Zygor loaded? If not, when was the last time it was updated?

Comment

As I mentioned before, TomTom alone works as it always did and another addon that uses TomTom to show a waypoint arrow also works (MobMap).
                What broke the interaction of TomTom and Zygor guide was the latest TomTom update to version 1.4.0.
                Still you have the option to use the built in waypoint arrow or a previous version of TomTom instead so you don't get lost until there's a fix to the guide viewer.

Comment

So a problem was reported, another addon was suggested as a viable quick-fix solution, and a reason for the grayed out TT addon selection was given, twice.
                  If you report a problem like this (not specific to the OP), what you will get is advise on other viable solutions to the problem. This will happen on this forum, and most other WoW player forums. If there is an addon suggested that will do the trick from a non-moderator or staff member, take it as a suggestion; they are trying to help you out. If it is from a moderator or staff member, we will give detail as to what is going on with the problem. AND we may give you another addon to do the job.
                  Point to me posting.... squash a potential ruckus over misunderstood intentions.
                  Zygor and/or staff will see this post and respond shortly.
                  In the meantime, carbonite and the Zygor arrow works just fine.
                  "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

With guide version 2236 Carbonite and TomTom support is broken so don't update, wait for the next guide update or you'll have to disable Carbonite and TomTom.

Comment

Working...
                    X