OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changed password and can no longer install updates (trial account status)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changed password and can no longer install updates (trial account status)

Hello,
    I recently changed my password as suggested by the admin.
    Now when I execute ZygorGuides_Updater.exe I get a message that my account password is incorrect and it is assuming trial status. Wow.exe automatically starts.
    When I close the message from the Zygor updater, the zygor updater application exits.
    I don't see any way to update the password.
    Need some help.
    Regards,
    Doug

Hold the shift key pressed when starting the updater to stop it from starting WoW. Then you can go into the settings and set your new password.

Comment

Hmm. Looked at another thread and change my password eliminating a '*' character.
      Now it works. Go figure.

Comment

I can go into the updater and change the password but it still says it is the wrong one. any other ideas?

Comment

As dougl707 found out make sure that your password does not contain special characters, only use numbers and letters.
          If you can login into the members section and all your guides are shown in the donwload section it should be the right password.

Another problem with the updater is that Bitdefender is blocking it. But I think it should not prevent the login, just the download. So if you use Bitdefender shut it down while running the updater, you can activate it afterwards.

Comment

Seems something with the server is bugged as others have the problem and I checked it with my account:
            http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...es-Help-please!

Just use the manual installation zip from the download section and extract it to your WoW\Interface\Addons folder until this is fixed.

Comment

Working...
            X