OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broken Arrow, Worgen start area, Gilneas, newest version of guide as of 26-09-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Arrow, Worgen start area, Gilneas, newest version of guide as of 26-09-11

Hi,

As stated in the topic the arrow keeps pointing down in gilneas (worgen starting area).

Im using internal arrow and the newest version of the guide as of 26-09-11.

Also text of arrow keeps changing per quest.

At which step does this happen? This is a phasing problem and it happened after step 70 or so before but after this step it should be fixed. I think someone reported this problem coming back around step 140.

Comment

Nope it's not fixed. I'm at step 79 and it's still stuck. Have tried everything to get it to work but no luck.

Comment

The team are aware of this and working on trying to find a fix.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I keep getting arrow stuck issues with my Worgen as well. I'm currently in Livery Outpost and Arrow never moves (nor shows distance).

Comment

Yeah, it will start to work again once you leave the Gilneas area and get to Darnassus. It's in the bug list so we just have to wait for the team to find the fix.

Comment

Hello, thanks for reporting. Could you hint the name of the quest after which is breaks?

Comment

I'm not sure of the quest name but I believe it's when you go down into the tunnel and come out on the other side in a new phase. If that makes sense to you.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                  I'm not sure of the quest name but I believe it's when you go down into the tunnel and come out on the other side in a new phase. If that makes sense to you.
                  I personally fixed that last time. Too bad I've deleted the test char, now I'll have to grind it all over again

Comment

I'll make a Worgen and do the run thru there to find the step that it bombs out on. Should only take a few hours tonight after I take care of all the support tickets. The Carbonite arrow does work in this area, just not the built in arrow.

Comment

Ok, from testing so far.

Arrow stopped working at step 72 after you awaken as a werewolf and the quest 'Last Chance at Humanity'. Will continue thru the starter area to see if it starts working again and if so at what step.

Edit/Update: The built in arrow starts to work again on step 192 when you enter Gilneas for 'The Battle for Gilneas City' quest. The arrow stops working temporarily while you are outside the city during step 198 riding the bat doing the bombing run. Then on step 201 after you run thru the tunnel with all the rats and spiders and exit the city it stops working again. It doesn't start working again after that until step 217 when you reach Rut'theran Village.

Comment

Cabby, thanks a lot!
                        Arrow stopped working at step 72 after you awaken as a werewolf and the quest 'Last Chance at Humanity'. Will continue thru the starter area to see if it starts working again and if so at what step.
                        Now that is new. I will look at it closely, I suppose it may have something to do with 4.3.

Comment

Double check all of the edit/updating I did to that post. I ran thru the entire Worgen 1-13 guide and marked where it did and didn't work. The Carbonite arrow appeared to work just fine in the places where the built in arrow was not working.

Comment

Double check all of the edit/updating I did to that post. I ran thru the entire Worgen 1-13 guide and marked where it did and didn't work.
                            Same. But it's probably blizzards' fault in 70ths steps, because the map is incorrectly identified as 679 (post flooding) whilst technically being 678 (pre flooding). Since it happens in other setups but mine as well I'll try to make a remedy for it.

The Carbonite arrow appeared to work just fine in the places where the built in arrow was not working.
                            Now that's a real mystery.
                            Edit: TomTom chose not to show up at all

Comment

The first bug is fixed, and indeed it wasn't our bug to begin with. But at any rate, whenever the player is being in phased environment, we now place the marker on the «correct» map as given by system calls even though this information may be a bit wrong.

Edit: both internal and TomTom should be working after the step 72 after rev3200.

Comment

Working...
                              X