Mining Guide - Alli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mining Guide - Alli

Step 23 or so says to smelt until 225 is reached. Hearth, learn Smelt Mirthril ('cept you cant smelt mirtril(which the guide states)).

Wouldn't it make more sense just to have the toon mine until they've reached 230 *then* hearth?

Smelt Mithril only requires a 150 mining skill. Are you saying that it sends you to learn it before 150?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Mining Guide - Alli - Issue #2

Mining Step 29 - step 32.

Step 29: Mine until level 255 reached,
      Step 30: Hearth
      Step 31: Learn Smelt
      Step 32: Smelt Thorium until you reach level 275.

Problem is, by the time someone reaches step 32, Smelting Thorium (from 255) is a GREEN step.

This means that you'll likely *not* have enough points from Smelting (simply) Thorium to gain enough points for the advancement to the next step. I think the required levels to advance have been updated and the guide has not been realigned with the 4.3 patch.

Thanks!

Comment

Merged the threads. Will add this to the bug list for the guys to look at.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by carmoca View Post
          Mining Step 29 - step 32.

Step 29: Mine until level 255 reached,
          Step 30: Hearth
          Step 31: Learn Smelt
          Step 32: Smelt Thorium until you reach level 275.

Problem is, by the time someone reaches step 32, Smelting Thorium (from 255) is a GREEN step.

This means that you'll likely *not* have enough points from Smelting (simply) Thorium to gain enough points for the advancement to the next step. I think the required levels to advance have been updated and the guide has not been realigned with the 4.3 patch.

Thanks!
          Well, shut my mouth. I actually made it to 275 with just Thorium. However, the guide said to create about 35 Thorium bars to get to 275. It took over 80!

Awesome! Thanks cabby!! :P

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            Smelt Mithril only requires a 150 mining skill. Are you saying that it sends you to learn it before 150?
            No.

Sorry Cabby, I tried to go back to research the problem further - the guide is too dynamic with its entries. It jumps around based upon current skill level.

However, Smelting Mithril until you reach 230 is part of the problem. It doesn't matter if the user learns Smelt Mithril at 150 or not. The guide says to smelt mithril *until* they reach 230. However, I was grey at 225 with Smelt Mithril. I'm not even sure *when* it went grey! LOL

If it helps, I'm swapping between Mining and Engineering to level them both in tandem. Maybe the two are not quite "synchronized" with each other.
            Last edited by carmoca; December 16, 2011, 09:25 PM. Reason: Added quotation

Comment

Originally posted by carmoca View Post
              However, I was grey at 225 with Smelt Mithril. I'm not even sure *when* it went grey! LOL
              Smelt Mith is grey at 200 as of Cata.

Comment

Working...
              X