Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corpse Arrow

From an email:

When I reached level 83 to 84 and have been playing in the Twilight Highlands, each time I die and return to a cemetery, Zygor is telling me to travel upwards of 4.1 miles to return to my body even though I died less than 300 feet away. I traveled once to see what was at the spot Zygor indicated but there was nothing there. What is up? It no longer gives me the correct location for my dead body so I just follow the red arrow provided by WOW.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Are there any faction-specific information on that toon?

Comment

I'll send him an email to get more info.

Comment

TH is a phasing zone so it might be the well-known problem of our waypointer messing up when the client misidentifies the map.

Comment

Here's his reply:

Human Warlock, level 84. I think this began when I entered Cataclysm at level 80 or 81 but can't be 100% certain.

Comment

I apologize for being on the slower side. Fixed as per some recent revision.

Comment

So you mean the fix is already out and live with the 3484 release?

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                So you mean the fix is already out and live with the 3484 release?
                Does it still bug?

Comment

Haven't seen any recent reports about it, just wanted to make sure your fix you mentioned had already gone live before I remove it from the bug list.

Comment

I'm still having consistent issues with the corpse arrow pointing 1-3 miles in the opposite direction from my actual corpse location. This is occurring across all of my toons. Occasionally the corpse arrow will be accurate, but 9 times out of 10 it's incorrect. I have tried repair, deleting WTF files, nothing helps. Some other addon always sets a separate tom-tom arrow on my actual corpse location, which is always accurate, so this is more of an annoyance to me than an actual problem, but it would be nice to be able to rely on the more detailed Zygor arrow for everything.

Comment

The next time you see this can you please post up a screen shot or two? It would be best if the screen shot is taken while you are standing at the grave yard and showing the map so we can see the corpse marker on the map along with where your ghost spawned. We have been having a hard time trying to reproduce this on our systems.

Comment

Corpse arrow problems

I am having the same problem with the Waypoint arrow for my corpse pointing to the wrong place. I have installed TomTom just to have something that points me in the right direction.WoWScrnShot_042313_203104.jpg

I have attached a screen shot where the arrows are in conflict as to where my corpse is. The TomTom arrow is correct.

Thanks.

Comment

The dev team are definitely aware of this but they're still having a hard time tracking down what's causing it. They will get this fixed as soon as they can.

Comment

Working...
                          X