Waypoint arrow disabled from newest patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waypoint arrow disabled from newest patch

I just downloaded the newest update 3.3.3802 and I get the error that the guide cannot connect to built-in waypointing. I have tried to reload the game and that has not fixed the problem. Thought I should bring this to your attention and hope for a quick fix to the situation.

If you run the Updater and click the Repair button it will fix the arrow problem.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Try running a Repair on the Installer Client.
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Repair didn't work for me. Here's the exact error:
        2x ZygorGuidesViewer-3.3\Pointer.lua:705: ZygorGuidesViewerPointerArrow_SilverSprite doesn"t have a "OnClick" script
        <in C code>
        ZygorGuidesViewer-3.3\Pointer.lua:705: in function "SetupArrow"
        ZygorGuidesViewer-3.3\Pointer.lua:697: in function "CreateArrowFrame"
        ZygorGuidesViewer-3.3\Pointer.lua:2024: in function "SetArrowSkin"
        ZygorGuidesViewer-3.3\Pointer.lua:88: in function "Startup"
        ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer-3.3.lua:239: in function <ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:136>
        (tail call): ?
        <in C code>
        <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":9: in function <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":5
        (tail call): ?
        Skillet-2.21\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0-11.lua:514: in function "InitializeAddon"
        Skillet-2.21\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0-11.lua:629: in function <Skillet\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:621>

Locals:
        nil

Will this require deleting the lua file from Saved Variables or is it something requiring a fix on your end?

Thanks!
        M

Comment

I have the same problem. Ran repair 3 times now, but no BIG arrow...at least the minimap dot works

Comment

Try going into the guide options and in the Waypoint section select no arrow then see if you can select the built in arrow again. When I did testing to get it working I had switched off from the built in arrow over to the Carbonite arrow, then it wouldn't let me select built in arrow again so I shut down WoW, ran the Updater and did a Repair, then went back into the game and it then allowed me to select built in arrow and it was working.

Comment

My arrow is broken in this patch too (3.3.3802). I've tried to repair, I have deleted the lua file, and I still get the error "failed to connect to built-in way pointing." Is there a fix in the works?

Comment

Try this:

1. Go in game and select another arrow or none then exit WoW completely
                2. Run the Updater and click the Repair button
                3. Go back in game and see if it will then allow you to select the built in arrow

Those steps worked for me when I switched to the Carbonite arrow.

Comment

None of the repair techniques are required in my testing. Simply select any other waypoint arrow besides the Silver Sprite, reload the ui (type "/rl"), and the arrow appears. I'm back to using the Midnight arrow till a permanent fix arrives. Selecting the Silver Sprite arrow even after the fix causes the lua error to fire and the arrow to disappear.

Comment

Cabby, I tried your solution, even going to the extent of downloading Carbonite and installing it. Still having the error "failed to connect to built-in way pointing". I hope there is a fix to this, I've grown deeply attached to my waypoint arrow.

Comment

I can't even select in game way pointing to be able to load one of the other skins.

Comment

Please try disabling all other addons to see if maybe it's some kind of addon conflict involved with everything.

Comment

"1. Go in game and select another arrow or none then exit WoW completely
                          2. Run the Updater and click the Repair button
                          3. Go back in game and see if it will then allow you to select the built in arrow
                          "

This fixed it for me. Thanks

Comment

Cabby, I tried your solution and it worked for me. Thanks so much for the help!!!! This is why I have been a loyal fan for almost 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
                              Try running a Repair on the Installer Client.
                              Thanks a million. Simple solution... worked like a charm!

Comment

Working...
                              X