OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i change my default folder for the downloader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i change my default folder for the downloader?

How do I change me default loacation for the the download client.

EDIT: Moved to Account / Installation forum. -silverhawk11

Please refer to the thread below for configuring the automatic installer:
    http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...With-Pictures*
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Well I got the same question. As soon as I open the updater I get about 30 popups that the wow path isn't correct. I know that I need to change the path in the settings but I can't with all those popups that keep reappearing. Removing and reinstalling didn't work..

Comment

When you start the updater you should see a window with a countdown where you can abort starting WoW.

Comment

Yes, and when aborted the popups still appear..

edit: 3rd time it worked. Weird, but it's solved now. Thanks!

Comment

I just tested it and changed the WoW folder in the updater settings to an invalid location.
            As expected the automatic mode runs into the error but aborting worked, it turned off the automatic mode and I was able to change the settings.
            Please try a fresh download of the newest updater from the members section.
            Also not that the WoW launcher name was changed with 5.0, it's now "World of Warcraft Launcher.exe", not "Launcher.exe". Easy to overlook in the settings.

If you still can't get it running you can use the support link and request a remote session, Cabby can then check what's wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X