I'm a completionist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a completionist...

Does the guide cover all available quests, or does it just cover enough to get you leveled?

It's just enough for the Loremaster achievement.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Seems reasonable enough. Does it include all the skyshard locations?

Comment

Haha, I was thinking the WoW guides when I replied.

I honestly don't know if every single quest is in the ESO guides, but there's a whole lot of them in there. The guides currently are only quest based so they do not show you the shard locations. This might be added later on but with having to create 3 separate guides for the 3 questing paths, hunting down all the shard locations was not a high priority.

Comment

I'm not sure about that Cabby I seen in my account section now(but they are not yet ready for purchase...) "Leveling & Skyshards" listed at the bottom.

Link I see it on: http://www.zygorguides.com/members/manage.php

I'm just waiting for the guides to be available for purchase :P

Comment

I was just talking with the team, the skyshards are something they want to do once all the questing guides are done. They will be in a separate guide format (not integrated into the leveling paths) and they might not be included with the Leveling guide purchase but might be put into a different package with other guides. Nothing is set in stone yet for the skyshards guides so don't be surprised if you see that get removed from that link.

Comment

Hmmm at 75 for all three(I see 50 being more reasonable) or 30 a piece(I see 20 a piece more reasonable), no guaranteed lifetime updates and the exclusion of Skyshards which I see as large part of leveling(and even later maybe a separate purchase) is a bit costly to me. I love Zygor Guides but this seems to be a bit risky and expensive.

Comment

The skyshards are not that integral to the leveling process as you might think. You get a lot of skill points for leveling and questing alone that you should have almost all skills and passives (not including morphs) for your racials, one armor, 2 weapons, and 2 of your class trees. Just randomly spotting some skyshards as you're running around and taking a short detour to get them on your own will probably be enough points to either do a tradeskill or two or finish out your 3rd class tree. Hunting down all of the shards is more like doing the Explorer's guide in WoW, just something to do so you have them all.

Comment

Except unlike the explorers guide that don't have a direct benefit for your character, Skyshards in ESO have a huge impact and benefit. The importance of them cannot, and should not be downplayed. Without them you will never get as far with your character. They should remain bundled with the leveling guide. But this is just my take on it.

Comment

I'm not trying to say they aren't useful, just that thru normal leveling you'll have most of the points you'll ever need on a toon which makes the points from the shards more of a secondary thing to add a little more option to the toon. You'll still only ever have the 5 slots to use at any given time (10 slots total when you can do weapon swapping at 15).

Comment

It's not only about how many slots, but the options you can use in those slots, and passives and weapon skills not to mention crafting that relies on what Skyshards provide.

Comment

Here, use this for skyshards
                        http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/skyshards/

Comment

Originally posted by onyxius View Post
                          Here, use this for skyshards
                          http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/skyshards/
                          I'm aware of guides that show locations for them. The point is for what they are charging, mixed with the lack of a guarantee, they should be included, now, or later without an additional charge. I much prefer a one stop shop, and for my guides to be ingame.

Comment

oh i see, and yea i agree, I'm still having a shock at the price of the guides, i think I'm stepping back and won't buy them, just to much money for such an uncertainty.

Comment

I think you're assuming too much. I only stated one possibility and that nothing for the Skyshards is set in stone at this point. It could easily become a part of the Leveling guide package when it's created, or it could easily become part of a different guide package. Please don't assume the worst case scenario and then get yourself worked up over a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                              X