Experimental Zygor Guides Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experimental Zygor Guides Client

... doesnt work as expected, when playing on EU servers.

Another bug is the "File open" dialogue, which doesn't allow you to enter a path. You have to click the files/folders, until you reach your destination.

Comment

We will have to look into supporting European Servers. Right now the installation is auto-detected but EU has a different folder. If we can't auto-detect, we plan to add a custom installation field that should solve the problem.
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Aye, you have to copy the Zygor files from the Live > Add-ons folder to the LiveEU > Add-ons folder.
        talkGEEK at www.talkgeek.net

Comment

Ok having an issue installing the GuideClient, after downloading it, then extracting it, there's no EXE file to install with... what am I missing here???

Comment

The ESO Updater client is a Java program. You need to have Java installed then you can double click the .jar file like an .exe file.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I see no .jar files at all when extracting the .ZIP file. Where is it in the folder hierarchy and what is it called?

Comment

I don't see any .jar files either. When I download the .zip I see a folder named com, META-INF, and org.

Comment

That's not a zip file. You just set Winrar (or whatever you are using) to open jar files with it (since these files are archive files, too).

Comment

You need to download the jar file, right click it, and make sure it's set to open with Java Platform SE binary, not winrar.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                      You need to download the jar file, right click it, and make sure it's set to open with Java Platform SE binary, not winrar.
                      Could you tell me how to do this? When I click the download button, it want's to open it as a .zip file.

Comment

Sure. Right click this link and choose Save As: http://zygorguides.com/javaclient/ZygorGuidesClient.jar

Save that to your desktop or somewhere you will easily find. Then right click the file that gets downloaded and choose "Open With Java Platform Se Binary".

You need to have the Java platform installed for that option to appear which you can get here: https://www.java.com/en/download/
                        Last edited by Zygor Admin; April 6, 2014, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I did what you said, when I open it using Java SE Binary. A DOS window pops up and disappears. I have the latest java installed so I don't know what is going wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by akzim09 View Post
                            I did what you said, when I open it using Java SE Binary. A DOS window pops up and disappears. I have the latest java installed so I don't know what is going wrong.
                            Hmm. We will have to bring this case to our programmers and see if they can figure out what's wrong. In the meantime you can use the manual download found just below the client download. We will be in touch as soon as we've found a solution for you.

EDIT: How big was the file that got downloaded? It should be 454 KB.
                            Last edited by Zygor Admin; April 6, 2014, 09:48 AM.

Comment

It says its 454 KB, and on disk it says 456 KB.

Comment

Working...
                              X