OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intermittent Issues, but worthwhile nonetheless.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent Issues, but worthwhile nonetheless.

I've been reading over a number of posts after encountering a few issues with the guide and it seems as though they've already been mentioned but I wanted to give my two cents rather than just bashing the writers.

The preface to the post is that I've been following the guide almost exactly, in a group on a normal alliance server and in doing so both my partner and I have had exceptional success leveling. The guide is fairly superior to the vanilla experience as well as the current, updated third-party addons despite all it's little hiccups, at least in my opinion so far.

Ultimately though, your only two viable options otherwise are Questie which is as equally in a developmental stage as this guide is or ClassicCodex which does provide a more detailed level of spawning areas and alternative spots but still leaves a lot to be desired. Both of these addons give some idea as to where to pickup quests but they are lacking significantly and after a full day of leveling using each of the three; I can reasonably say that the money I spent was worth it, even if it's been a little dicey.

In terms of some of the complaints, I can fully understand how jarring it is to run somewhere, find out the quest chain is contained in another guide and then have to search online slash check other guides and steps. However, these issues will only be resolved if we report them and so far I've only had this happen to me three times. This was specifically in Darkshore but as I understand it now; this is solvable by completing several steps of the night elf 1-13 guide. Definitely something I wish I had known before encountering the issue but not unsolvable and only a minor detour for three or so quests.

In terms of travelling, I feel that everyone has forgotten just how painful it was in classic to get around sans a mount during their low levels. The guide does try to accommodate for quicker ways to get around from what I've experienced and given that retail and classic are quite different in their zone progression I agree with the way that the designers chose to write with a focus on less grinding which I personally detest despite it being a necessary evil throughout the leveling process. Perhaps giving players the option to select either grinding with a provided area that has a good XP/Hour ratio or the longer road might be a quality of life feature. Again, I can only comment in a limited fashion currently because as I mentioned prior; I am both on a normal server and playing alliance only.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with my experience and for the price I paid I feel that it was worthwhile even in it's current state. I think it's important at this point to remember how early we are in the actual release of the game itself. I personally expected some issues anyway and I assume that paid developers will probably have these issues solved a lot faster than the addon authors working in their own time for nothing.

A few things that might help others, compiled into a little list:
    • Be patient and use your head, check steps ahead of time if you're not sure and follow the guide as accurately as you can.
    • Kill between hot spots and grind where you have to, even if it's painful; it makes life easier later plus you need the copper.
    • Report issues so the rest of us don't have to deal with the same problems repeatedly as others have already done.
    • Check the forums for posts about problems with guide itself and check for installer updates regularly, I'm sure updates and optimizations can't be too few and far between releases and these posts have saved me time and effort already.
    • If something is too difficult to kill or complete there is no shortage of other players doing the same quests; this is a social game after all.
    • Become best friends with auto-run, corpse walking and wowhead's classic site.
    • Enjoy the masochistic pain you paid to experience in all it's glory.

Thanks to the team for making the guide, here's hoping you can iron out all the issues as they arise. Looking forward to seeing how classic progresses as a game and seeing what comes next for Zygor Classic.
Working...
X