Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grinding vs. Zygor Guides

FYI -

I downloaded an addon that tracks XP/hour. The addon can be downloaded via the Twitch client. It's just called "XPTracking".

I did a comparison of grinding vs. following Zygor guides.

At level 23, if I was grinding mobs around my level, I was getting around 12k xp/hour. That's with having to sit and eat (I'm playing a Rogue). If I killed green mobs, several levels below me, I was able to kill them much faster and I barely had to eat, so I still made around 12k xp/hour.

With Zygor guides, there was one part of the guide that I thought was annoying... I had to go from Barrens to Ashenvale. I went to the right side of Ashenvale and grabbed a flight path. Then it had me go to the left side of Ashenvale, grab a flight path, do one quest, then leave. I thought that was annoying.

Even with all that stupid traveling, I still made 24k xp/hour. That's double. Even following the slowest part of Zygor guides, my xp/hour was double that of grinding!

Moral of the story: When Zygor Guides ask you to grind an area near you, just do it. It is still great XP. But also, when they're having you travel all over the place, it is still worth it.

Already stated this once but you gotta zone hop a lot in Vanilla, it's the most efficient way to level.

Comment

Working...
    X