PVE Rogue leveling Engineering ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PVE Rogue leveling Engineering ...

Shall I go Gnomish or Goblin Engineering?

Goblin engineering has a focus around making big bombs that go boom.

Gnomish engineering has a focus of gizmos and gadgets that help you in one way or another. Such as shrinkray and other stuff.

Personally.. I've done both but not above 300, and so far i like Gnomish better.
    I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

That is what I choose.

Comment

Gnomish = win. For mages Gnomish engineering has the BiS glove enchant, plus you can make some good bombs to boot. You can also get a rocket launcher and Lightning generator
        85s
        Skippyninja
        Oomatherman
        Judedaniels
        MissRuPaul
        Sumekomovani
        Pattymelt
        Shamwiches
        Twonewon
        Takakoinaba
        Cursesmcgee

Comment

Do you have to gnome specialty to make the pets that you get the schematic out of the dungeon or can you make the pets regardless?

Comment

Originally posted by 1manarmy View Post
            Do you have to gnome specialty to make the pets that you get the schematic out of the dungeon or can you make the pets regardless?
            I don't think it makes a difference, all of the schematics that I have seen don't specify a restriction to the type of engineering you've chosen.
            85s
            Skippyninja
            Oomatherman
            Judedaniels
            MissRuPaul
            Sumekomovani
            Pattymelt
            Shamwiches
            Twonewon
            Takakoinaba
            Cursesmcgee

Comment

I have a lvl 65 DK with engineering at 449. I have picked up the quests for goblin speciality and I have the quest from Booty Bay to send me to the dungeon. Will the pet recipes drop for me if I go to the dungeon or do I have complete something prior to going to the dungeon? I plan doing gnomish specialty but I forget where to pick it up.

Comment

I don't really understand your question. I have only specialized in Gnomish engineering.
                85s
                Skippyninja
                Oomatherman
                Judedaniels
                MissRuPaul
                Sumekomovani
                Pattymelt
                Shamwiches
                Twonewon
                Takakoinaba
                Cursesmcgee

Comment

Just to let you know also, I think in the next expansion, Cataclysm, they will remove specializations from professions. You will be able to get all recepies/plans/patterns from both specializations.

But since the expansion is several months away you may not want to wait.

Comment

Ahh nice info. Thanks for the heads up.
                    I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Just wondering if it was required to have a specialty for the pet recipes to drop in the gnome dungeon

Comment

Originally posted by 1manarmy View Post
                        Just wondering if it was required to have a specialty for the pet recipes to drop in the gnome dungeon
                        No. Both pet recipes drop and you can learn them both regardless of the slant your engineering takes you. I personally chose goblin engineering on my hunter because I leveled him up using a gun and the ICC ammo recipe is bullets for goblin and arrows for gnome.

Comment

Working...
                        X