please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help

I know this is probably a weird place to ask but today I got ignored by about 4 people because I am a hunter and we were doing a dungeon and for some reason my pet loves to pull the mob to other mobs like I dont make him attack the other one and the other one doesnt even have aggro to us yet and my pet seems to always run off and aggro like 10 of them is there anyway to stop this? Oh and also its not just in dungeons its anywhere when I am questing and he runs off. Oh and also the mob is not at the stage where he tries to flee at low hp it happens almost right when I attack him.

While in dungeons you should keep your pet on passive and tell it to attack whatever you are targeting.While out questing if my pet starts to run off I call him back till the mob is in range again and send pet back in.This only happens every once in awhile so no biggie to me.If there is another solution I would love to hear it.
    You just keep doin' what it looks like you're supposed to be doin', no matter how crazy it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by smacks9 View Post
      I know this is probably a weird place to ask but today I got ignored by about 4 people because I am a hunter and we were doing a dungeon and for some reason my pet loves to pull the mob to other mobs like I dont make him attack the other one and the other one doesnt even have aggro to us yet and my pet seems to always run off and aggro like 10 of them is there anyway to stop this? Oh and also its not just in dungeons its anywhere when I am questing and he runs off. Oh and also the mob is not at the stage where he tries to flee at low hp it happens almost right when I attack him.
      The right-most three icons on your pet bar control his status -
      Aggressive (Ctrl-8) --- he'll attack anything that might be the least bit aggressive towards you
      Defensive (Ctrl-9) --- he'll attack anything that's attacking your or you're attacking, and he'll grab adds in a group that he's in aggro range of
      Passive (Ctrl-0) --- he'll sit by your side, watch you get killed, then gnaw on your bloody bones

I don't play my hunter much in dungeons, but usually keep my pets on passive except boss fights or if tank has died and either me or the healer has the aggro.

When doing Argent Tourney dailies (kill 10 undead crusaders for example) until I'm down to only 4 in the group (they come in an 8-pack) I'll put him on passive, pop one at max range then after its about halfway to me, I'll kick him over to defensive so he can engage while its still some distance from me but not so close to the rest of the pack that he'll aggro them too.

Comment

Originally posted by rancidpoopy View Post
        While in dungeons you should keep your pet on passive and tell it to attack whatever you are targeting.While out questing if my pet starts to run off I call him back till the mob is in range again and send pet back in.This only happens every once in awhile so no biggie to me.If there is another solution I would love to hear it.
        I am learning to tank and while I am only level 66 so far I have grouped with a hunter a couple times. Once the hunter did not control his pet well and it kept pulling mobs we were not ready for and made the run a real challenge. When we wiped I voted to kick him and the vote passed. I had never voted to kick a person in the past and that is not in my nature to just do that but he would not listen to party chants to better control his pet *shrug*
        Cairne Realm
        Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
        Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
        Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

This just sounds Like u have growl on and ur pet is in atk/agressive mode

turn growl off and at least put ur pet on defensive
          LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
          Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
          Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
          Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
          Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
          Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
          Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
          Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
          Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
          Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
          Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
          Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

All of the above and use attack on assist. You set it up in your interface.
            85s
            Skippyninja
            Oomatherman
            Judedaniels
            MissRuPaul
            Sumekomovani
            Pattymelt
            Shamwiches
            Twonewon
            Takakoinaba
            Cursesmcgee

Comment

Most of the time in dugeons on my hunter I keep it on passive and tell it to attack the target Im on by hitting alt-1 (for attack). This keeps the pet on only the target I want it to be on, and will come right back to my side when that target is dead. When I target another mob, I alt-1 again.
              Yes, it can be a pain, but I have learned by having the same thing happen as you all post.
              I have also been the healer and the tank with bad huntards in the group, and know what a drain it can be on them when Im in as my huntard and not doing my part to keep them from having to work harder.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
              X