Why are quests being "accepted"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are quests being "accepted"?

The automatic acceptance of quests, as well as their turn in, is something that some users might like. Not this one, and apparently, not a lot of others.

Why is it that despite having the Zygor options concerning auto accepting are NOT checked, the guide still "accepts" quests as far as the guide is concerned? Have there been an overwhelming number of requests to have them accepted willy-nilly?

Yet, there are some situations where a quest is NOT automatically accepted. For example, going to ! giver for the first time, it seems the quest is not automatically accepted by either WoW or Zygor.

It is really a problem, which seems to have been "addressed" by changing "Accept" to "Accepted". This is not a fix, it is a hasty change to placate some and make it look as if everything is working just fine. Believe me, it is broken. Please fix it properly.

The starter areas are autoaccepted not by us but by blizzard. If the are being accepted after I think abot level 10 then there is a problem.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

As chaos said, the quests where the window stays open and the "Accept" button changes to "Accepted" are due to Blizz's change awhile back where starter area quests get auto-accepted by the client but the window stays open so you can read the quest. Nothing the Zygor's team can really do about that as it is now part of the mechanics of the game.

Comment

I see, said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Then the least bothersome option would be to disable step advancement in the Guide, methinks. As it stands, I find myself confused, despite the "Accepted" almost sub-liminal clue. I always back-step to make sure I know what is going on, sometimes a couple of steps because of an intervening "You should be at level xx....".

Today I opened the "Draeni whole (whatever)" guide, and was greeted with Step 2, not 1. Backing up, I noticed the "Accepted" thing. A tad disconcerning.

I would much rather be in charge of advancing the steps myself.

Comment

The guide only moves forward a step once it recognizes the quest as being accepted. Since Blizzard made this change for new toons to automatically accept quests in the 1-6 area, it means that as soon as the quest window is opened that the guide recognizes the quest as accepted and moves on. As you say, it can be a little disconcerting when you're not expecting it. I'm not really sure if there is something Zygor could do for those first few levels with the guide advancement.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I am also noticing auto quest accepting beyond level 10 with auto accept disabled.

The only time this seems to happen is on follow up quests after completing a quest where I don't need to return to a quest giver (blizzard popup to turn in)

Comment

That is Blizzard's doing, not the guides. Some of those Blizzard just has set to automatically accept right now.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
              X